The CompTIA A+ Complete Study Guide is your complete solution for A+ exam preparation. Covering 100% of Exam 220-901 and Exam 220-902 objectives, this book gives you everything you need to ensure that you not only understand the basics of IT, but that you can demonstrate your understanding effectively. Now in its third edition, this guide has been updated to reflect the exam's new focus. Coverage includes the latest best practices, Windows 8/8.1 and mobile OSes, and an emphasis on the practical skills required on the job. Clear and concise, this book helps you solidify your understanding of crucial hardware and operating system maintenance and troubleshooting topics covered on the exam. You also gain access to the Sybex exclusive online interactive learning environment and test bank, featuring bonus practice exams, electronic flashcards, and a searchable PDF glossary of the most important terms you need to understand.
The CompTIA A+ certification is the essential computer technician credential, and is required by over 100 leading employers. This book helps you prepare and practice so you can approach the exam with confidence, and pass with flying colors. Review the components of personal computers, laptops, and portable devices Understand operating systems, networks, and security Get up to speed on safety and environmental issues Practice effective communication and the "soft skills" of professionalism
More than just a review of computer parts, this book covers everything you'll see on the exam. Why go in unprepared when you can have the Sybex advantage?
Perfect for new and experienced users, this no-fluff guide to the Google Nexus 7 tablet is packed with tips and details on apps, services, settings, and documents. You'll also find step-by-step instructions for dictating, networking, sharing, troubleshooting, going online, and using Google Now.
New apps and features covered include Camera, Clock, Google Keep, Android Device Manager, Play Games, Quick Settings, Lock-screen widgets, multiple users, restricted profiles, HDMI screen mirroring, external displays, Miracast, wireless charging, app verification, gesture typing, printing, cellular (LTE/HSPA+) connections, privacy options, Hangouts, the notification light, the remodeled Google Play store, and the updated versions of Chrome, Gmail, and Maps.
- Covers all Nexus 7 models and Android 4.4 (KitKat).
- Covers all Google Play edition (pure Android) tablets, including the LG G Pad 8.3.
- Master the Home screen, Lock screen, and multitouch gestures.- Secure your data from thieves, snoops, and rogue apps.
- Locate a lost or stolen Nexus remotely.
- Work with onscreen or wireless keyboards.
- Get instant search results for documents, pictures, music, mail, apps, contacts, and more.
- Summon Google Now to get personalized information when you need it.
- Ask Google Search to find nearby businesses, set alarms, search the web, and more.
- Dictate anywhere that you can type.
- Connect to wireless networks with a few taps.
- Set up cellular, Bluetooth, and VPN connections.
- Mirror your tablet's screen to your TV.
- Back up your data to the cloud.
- Transfer files to and from your Windows PC or Apple Mac computer.
- Sync your documents, mail, contacts, appointments, reminders, notes, and messages wirelessly across your computers and mobile devices.
- See all your notifications in one place.
- Browse the web with Chrome.
- Watch and subscribe to videos on the YouTube app.
- Send, receive, and manage your email with Gmail or Email.
- Chat with family and friends on Hangouts.
- Post to Twitter or Facebook right from the app you're using.
- Manage your day-to-day life with Calendar, People, Google Keep, and Clock.
- Find your way with Maps.
- Download apps, games, and updates from the Google Play store.
- Connect to Google's online multiplayer social gaming network.
- Play music, movies, TV shows, and other media downloaded from the Google Play store.
- Capture, edit, and share photos and videos with Camera and Gallery.
- Care for your Nexus and troubleshoot problems.
- Plenty of tips, tricks, and timesavers.- Fully cross-referenced, linked, and searchable.
1. Getting Started with Your Nexus 7
2. Touring Your Nexus
3. Securing Your Nexus
4. Typing & Editing
5. Wireless & Network Connections
6. Managing Your Accounts & Data
7. Connecting to Computers
8. Getting Notifications
9. Google Now
10. Google Search
11. Browsing the Web with Chrome
12. Watching YouTube Videos
13. Email, Messaging & Keeping in Touch
14. Organizing Your Life
15. Shopping for Apps, Games & Media
16. Maps & Navigation
17. Shooting, Viewing & Managing Photos
18. Nexus Care & Troubleshooting