With <I>BAT 2.0</I>, trainer/author Grisha Stewart has completely overhauled <i>Behavior Adjustment Training (BAT)</i> to create a new efficient and practical tool for dog reactivity. <I>BAT 2.0</I> builds resilience and self-reliance by giving dogs safe opportunities to learn about people, dogs, or other “triggers.” Clear enough for all readers to follow, this book also includes technical tips and bonus chapters just for dog behavior professionals.<br><br>
<strong>Learn how to:</strong><br>
Rehabilitate aggression, frustration, and fear.<br>
Use survival skills to prevent reactivity on walks and at home. <br>
Use a long line to safely maximize your dog’s freedom of movement.<br>
Apply Grisha’s BAT philosophy to all dogs and puppies...and get your life back! <br><br>
Jolanta's dog-training philosophy is simple: playful, rewards-based training fosters sociable, polite behavior that is the hallmark of a likeable dog. Harsh, outdated prong collars and choke chains do not.
Whether you've just welcomed a new puppy into your life, or are facing some struggles with an already beloved family member, Jolanta has sound advice on everything you want to know, including:
• How to housetrain your dog for good
• How to read your dog's body language
• How to avoid common training mistakes and fix the ones you've already made
Jolanta's warm, funny tone and encouraging conversational style will teach you to raise the most loving and best-behaved pooch on the block.
Author Joseph Healy brought his first bird dog home at ten weeks old but had no idea how to start grooming her to be a hunting companion. Conflicting advice from fellow dog owners and books that delved in-depth into the aspects of training an older dog led him to seek his own path. Healy shares his personal story of raising his pointer, Reilly, through their third hunting season, recording the process of training his dog, first by himself and then with a professional trainer so that he could learn how best to train a hunting dog. Entertaining and informative reading for all who want to own and train a great bird dog.
with bunch of treats for every task--this book is exactly what you've
been looking for!
Did you know that there are more than 400 breeds of dogs in the world?
Now, how can all these different dogs respond to just one way of
training? Welcome to the next level and the future of dog training - The
From Myths to Mistakes and Secrets to Scams, this Book Exposes:
* 10 Biggest Dog Training Lies that Even "Trainers" Believe!
* How the Dog Training Industry Managed to Skillfully Brainwash All of Us
* Get Your Black Belt in Dog Psychology and Skyrocket Your Results
* Spoiled Dog Test - When and Why Too Much Pampering Can Backfire
* What You Need to Know About Dog Parks and Dog Training Classes
And that's not all. You’ll also discover:
* 20 Reasons Why Your Dog Doesn't “Always” Listen
* Mind-Over-Muscle Secrets that Go Beyond Just Commands
* When to Doubt Your Trainer or “Current” Training Method
* 99% Sweet - 1% Vicious! (Signs of Red Zone Dogs Exposed)
* The Best and Worst Dog Trainers under the Microscope
Plus, all these...
* How to Tell if Your Dog’s Gradually Taking Charge
* All the Reasons Why Your Dog Misbehaves around Other Dogs!
* The Make-or-Break Factors - Cracking the Code to Your Success or Failure
* Why It’s Best to Give Treats “After” the Training and NOT Before Commands
In a nutshell, this is the first book of its kind that teaches you about:
1. Your Dog - Why your dog does what it does/doesn’t do in various scenarios.
2. Yourself - Your overall perception about your dog or all dogs in general.
3. Your Technique - Unravel the strengths and weaknesses of all methods.
4. Your Training Tools - Find out which training tools work and which do not.
5. Your Trainer - The trainer’s method, expertise, expectations and limitations.
6. The Dog Training Industry - Recognize its flaws and how to use the
system to your advantage.
The secrets in this book go FAR beyond typical obedience or your
day-to-day problem solving. It will force you to re-examine just about
everything you've ever read, tried, or believed when it comes to your
dog, his mindset, and exactly HOW you’ve been training him.
You are not being smart or safe if you narrow it down to only
“positive reinforcement” or “negative reinforcement”! Folks, the
secret is to follow a “Diverse Reinforcement”!
Now, here’s where it gets more interesting: Almost all trainers, dog
schools, and even top canine experts know this, but only a very few
choose to teach or practice it. This book will explain why!