The accessible presentation of real problems from industry and finance, modeling, solutions via appropriate numerical and mathematical techniques are a source of fresh ideas and inspiration for mathematicians. Engineers and scientists in application fields may find useful ideas and techniques presented in familiar contexts that may help them to solve related problems in industry. Educators may find discussions of novel teaching experiences and examples from industrial contexts that could be useful devising curricula which include industrial mathematics and web learning.
Key features of this self-contained monograph include:
* fine exposition covering the history of the subject
* up-to-date new results, related to many fields of current research such as boundary element methods for solving PDEs and wavelet analysis
* presentation of DRE techniques using a broad array of examples
* good balance between theory and application
* coverage of such related topics as boundary type quadratures and asymptotic expansions of oscillatory integrals
* excellent and comprehensive bibliography and index
This work will appeal to a broad audience of students and researchers in pure and applied mathematics, statistics, and physics, and can be used in a graduate/advanced undergraduate course or as a standard reference text.
The book explains the mathematical background to understand affine diffusions and analyze the accuracy of the schemes.