Ken Lawrence has covered the political and celebrity scene in Washington, D.C., for more than 20 years.
The tabloids tracked his every move. The business magazines predicted his demise. And the public couldn't get enough. But the only people privy to Donald Trump's real story were the members of his inner circle—men such as Jack O'Donnell, a top executive at Atlantic City's Trump Plaza Casino until April, 1990. For three years O'Donnell witnessed the goings-on in the House of Trump that the people only guessed at. Now he reveals what he saw.
Here's the inside story of Trump's legendary tirades, his convenient forgetfulness, and the infamous Donald Trump ego. O'Donnell tells how the Plaza staff catered to Trump's personal whims, and to those of his mistress—and how the man who built the largest gambling hall in the world knew little about running a casino.
From the hypocrisy, bad deals, and the monumental debt to the untold tales of Marla and Ivana, Trumped! rips the mask off the mighty Trump facade—revealing a man whose castle is about to collapse.
Inside Out provides a fascinating memoir of his experiences working as a developer in Russia in the 1990s while balancing a home life with a new baby son. With unique and astute anecdotes, it offers insights into Russia, its people, and its culture.
Inside Out, funny and serious, sincere and sarcastic, narrates the anatomy of a real estate deal. Now, at a time when America and Russia consider ways to reset their relations, Williamsons story shows how actual players on all sides of a complex business and personal adventure looked for, and ultimately found, a common language.
If you ever wondered what a developer does all day especially one developing in Russia all your questions will be answered by reading this fascinating story.
Dr. Peter Linneman, Linneman Associates
Since her start at a tiny Nashville radio station, Oprah Winfrey has become a media mogul, founding a film and television production company, an inspirational magazine, and a $20 million public charity, and cofounding a cable network for women. Abused as a child, she has even helped to pass a law that protects children from abuse. The World According to Oprah is a collection of quotes from this talented and multifaceted woman.
* "My show is really a ministry--a ministry that doesn't ask for money. I can't tell you how many lives we've changed--or inspired to change."
* "My father turned my life around by insisting I could be more than I was."
* "Although I'm grateful for the blessings of wealth, it hasn't changed who I am. My feet are still on the ground. I'm just wearing better shoes."
* "Real success comes when you learn to act as if everything depends on you, and pray as if everything depends on God. God can dream a bigger dream for you than you can ever dream for yourself."
John Lennon inspired millions during his too-brief lifetime. First with the Beatles, then as a solo artist, philosopher, and peace activist, he spoke for a generation that believed they could change the world, and did. Now his words are preserved in a handsome hardcover volume that will touch his many fans and enlighten a new generation.
* "Imagine all the people living life in peace. You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. I hope someday you'll join us, and the world will be as one."
* "My role in society, or any artist's or poet's role, is to try and express what we all feel. Not to tell people how to feel. Not as a preacher, not as a leader, but as a reflection of us all."
* "You're just left with yourself all the time, whatever you do anyway. You've got to get down to your own God in your own temple. It's all down to you, mate."