* Beautifully illustrated with images relating to Grahame’s life and works
* Concise introductions to the texts
* All the tales and essays, fully illustrated, with individual contents tables
* Includes rare works appearing for the first time in digital publishing, including BERTIE’S ESCAPADE
* Images of how the books were first published, giving your eReader a taste of the original texts
* Excellent formatting of the texts
* Famous works such as ‘The Wind in the Willows’ are fully illustrated (Paul Bransom) with the original artwork
* Includes Grahame’s rare non-fiction work, FIRST WHISPER OF ‘THE WIND OF THE WILLOWS’ – available in no other collection
* Features two biographies, including Chalmers’ seminal work - discover Grahame’s literary life
* Scholarly ordering of texts into chronological order and literary genres
Please visit www.delphiclassics.com to browse through our range of exciting titles
The Children’s Books
THE WIND IN THE WILLOWS
THE CAMBRIDGE BOOK OF POETRY FOR CHILDREN
The Short Story Collections
THE GOLDEN AGE
FIRST WHISPER OF ‘THE WIND OF THE WILLOWS’
KENNETH GRAHAME LIFE LETTERS AND UNPUBLISHED WORK by Patrick Chalmers
THE CHILDREN’S ADVOCATE: KENNETH GRAHAME by W. M. Parker
Please visit www.delphiclassics.com to browse through our range of exciting titles or to purchase this eBook as a Parts Edition of individual eBooks
Begun as a series of bedtime stories that Grahame, a bank executive, told his young son, this engaging fantasy recounts the whimsical adventures of a delightful company of animals — among them Mole, Ray, Badger, and Toad — all of whom possess decidedly human characteristics.
This charming new version, with over 30 original illustrations by Thea Kliros, has been specially prepared for young readers and retains all the character and flavor of the original stories. Once again youngsters follow the shy but curious Mole as he sets out one spring day from his little underground home and is befriended by the extremely personable Water Rat, who introduces him to Badger, the reclusive philosopher, and to pleasure-seeking Toad of Toad Hall.
Children and adults alike will fall under the charming spell of this humorous potpourri of make-believe as it paints a gently satirical picture of loyalties, weakness, and extravagant behavior.
Beautiful new illustrations throughout will bring the magic of this classic story to a new generation of children.
HarperPerennial Classics brings great works of literature to life in digital format, upholding the highest standards in ebook production and celebrating reading in all its forms. Look for more titles in the HarperPerennial Classics collection to build your digital library.
These youngsters are particularly confounded by the actions of adults they perceive as stiff and colorless, with no vital interests or pursuits, and who lead apparently aimless lives. Young Harold, in sharp contrast, loves to play muffin-man, shaking a noiseless bell while selling invisible confections to imaginary customers. Brother Edward likes to crouch in a ditch where he becomes a grizzly bear and springs out in front of his shrieking brothers and sisters.
Grahame's enchanting reminiscences and inventions, based in part on his own Victorian childhood, are enhanced by the delightful illustrations of renowned American artist Maxfield Parrish. The book is a joyful work that parents will delight in reading along with their children.