Your special needs child needs a special education, and as a parent, you face a number of obstacles as you work with your school district to develop an Individual Education Plan (IEP). Lots of steps, complicated paperwork, and intimidating procedures may seem like too much to take on...
...but you can do it! Let The Complete IEP Guide guide you through this complex process with vital information, strategies, and the encouragement you need to secure your child's education. Get everything you need to:
- understand your child's rights
- untangle eligibility rules and assessments
- collect all school records
- draft goals and objectives
- pinpoint specific problems
- develop a blueprint of program and services
- research school programs and alternatives
- prepare for IEP meetings
- resolve disputes with your school district
This edition is completely updated to reflect the latest and major changes to federal regulations concerning your special education student, including details about your child's eligibility for special education services.