A beautiful landscape reflects well on your house, making it a welcome part of a neighborhood or native terrain. And it dramatically increases your home's value. Landscaping Basics For Dummies gets you started on turning the little patch of earth you call your own into a personal paradise.
Open the book and find:
Landscape designs for front, back, and side yards
How to choose and plant the right trees for your landscape
Choose and plant the right shrubs for your yard
Tips for landscaping a shady area
The book's 435 pages present the practical experience and research-based advice of more than 100 University of California (UC) and industry experts, including:
• Pest-resistant plants and landscape design
• Planting, irrigating, and other cultural practices that keep plants healthy
• Conserving natural enemies to biologically control pests
• Efficient monitoring so you know when to act
• Selective pesticides and when their use may be warranted
• Numerous references to regularly-updated, online guides with more pesticide choices and the latest IPM practices
Inside you'll find:
• 575 high-quality, color photographs to help you recognize the causes of plant damage and identify pests and their natural enemies. 140 more than the previous edition!
• 101 line drawings and charts of pest biology and control techniques
• Problem-solving tables to help you diagnose the pests and maladies of more than 200 genera of alphabetically-listed trees and shrubs
Also in the 3rd Edition are dozens of newly added pests, including those affecting azaleas, camellias, hibiscus, camphor, eucalyptus, liquidambar, oaks, maples, palms, pines, olive, roses, and sycamores.