'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other'. New York Times
Explore Britain's rich and varied history with this ultimate guide to the best historical things to do throughout England, Scotland and Wales; includes author- recommended reviews and practical information on a wide-range of interesting options from fascinating pre-historic sites such as Avebury to excellent modern museums such as the Museum of London.
This guide has been created by Lonely Planet's dedicated authors and local experts who immersed themselves in England, Scotland and Wales, finding the best historical experiences and sharing practical and honest advice.
Inside Lonely Planet Ye Olde Britain: best historical experiences
- Hundreds of historical things to see and do in Britain, divided by region for ease of use
- Includes time-line of British history, plus lists of recommended best delete 'best' or 'recommended' castles, religious buildings, stately homes and more
- Includes list of historic places to stay
- Full colour styling and images
- A brilliant new page layout for fast and hassle-free reading while on the go
- Includes London, Cambridge, Oxford, Bath, Bristol, Liverpool, Manchester, Newcastle, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Cardiff, Winchester, Chester and much much more!
Special eBook enhancements:
- Comprehensive interlinking - to enable you to seamlessly flip between pages, jump between maps and reviews, or visit the websites of places we recommend
- Plus pinch and zoom images and maps - enabling you to zoom in for greater detail
- Search - go straight to what you are looking for with the inbuilt search capability
- Add notes, bookmark or use the inbuilt dictionary.
Written and researched by David Else, David Atkinson, Peter Dragicevich, Belinda Dixon, Joe Bindloss, Neil Wilson, Marc Di Duca, Oliver Berry, Etain O'Carroll, Fionn Davenport, Andy Symington and Catherine le Nevez.