How many times have you heard, You can't do this! You're not smart enough, not pretty enough...You don't deserve anyone's love, it's not real...and you will end up alone...NO one will ever love you that much?!?
What if ...the person saying it is you?
Emotional abuse, rejection and neglect hurt so much more than anything else. Because your worst enemy becomes yourself. Listening to that little voice holds you back from moving forward, achieving your goals and essentially living your life.
'Emelia' is created from love and showered with affection throughout childhood. Then her world falls apart as her parents divorce. A family once strong turns against itself. Emelia finds herself alone as she enters adult life with an absent mother, an alcoholic father and siblings that turn their backs on her. Looking elsewhere for love and acceptance, Emelia's path finds many puddles. Can she put the pieces back together and move on?
Many of us had less than idyllic childhoods. Mom and Dad are not always there to answer our questions nor do we have that older sibling to go to for advice. Sometimes all we have is ourselves. And even though I sometimes feel totally alone...I'm not, I still have me.
This story is one that will inspire anyone who is a child, has a child, or anyone that has ever loved and had that love taken away. I am a 41 year old mother of 3 who is finally ready to break free of the fear of life and start living. This book is about me, my life and things that I have learned. My goal is to show that someone with hope and faith in themselves can get through anything.
Most people, young and old can relate to the issues facing 'Emelia' and how we don't always make the right decisions. But we should never be ashamed of things we've done, because good or bad, those experiences make us who we are. There are many self-help & feel-better books that are written by doctors, psychologists or celebrities. However, sometimes the voices heard need to be from real people.
Like me. Like you.
Melinda J. Moir is as passionate about life and love as she is her family. She has been writing for the last 23 years, eagerly encouraged by her loved ones. Even though a few of her short stories, including a genealogy book, ‘The Moir Family Tree,’ have been published this is her first actual book.
Melinda enjoys spending time with her better half Peter and her first loves, Cecely, Justice and Braeden playing Scrabble or watching a favourite movie.
Puttering away in the garden or reading a book
is what you will usually find her doing in their cozy little home in rural Ontario.
If you would like to read more from Melinda, you can read her blog at www.melindaavenue.com
You can also follow her on Facebook www.facebook.com/melindajaynephotography
For too long we’ve blamed dietary fat for weight gain and health problems. The truth is, a diet that’s high in natural, healthy fats can actually help your body burn fat! That’s the secret behind the ketogenic diet. As you get more of your calories from healthy fats and cut back on carbs, you’ll start burning fat, losing weight, and feeling strong and energetic—without feeling hungry or deprived.
The Keto Diet does away with the “one size fits all” philosophy offering a customizable approach that is tailored to the unique needs of the individual. Leanne provides the tools to empower everyone to develop a personalized nutrition plan, offering limitless options while taking away the many restrictions of a traditional ketogenic diet.
A one-stop guide to the ketogenic way of eating, The Keto Diet shows you how to transition to and maintain a whole foods–based, paleo-friendly, ketogenic diet with a key focus on practical strategies—and tons of mouthwatering recipes.
• Over 125 healthy and delicious whole-food recipes that will help your body burn fat, including:
• Chicken Crisps
• Bacon-Wrapped Mini Meatloaf’s
• Keto Sandwich Bread
• Waldorf-Stuffed Tomatoes
• No Nuts! Granola with Clusters
• Chicken Pot Pie
• Chocolate-Covered Coffee Bites
• Five 28-day meal plans that walk you through a month of eating keto
• Tools to make your high-fat life a breeze including guides for your favorite grocery stores, yes/no food lists, food sensitivity replacements, how to go dairy-free to reduce inflammation, and more.
The Keto Diet will help you gain energy, lose weight, improve your health, and turn you into the ultimate fat-burning machine—all without restricting or even counting calories. You’ll have all the tools you need to fall in love with your body and banish your fear of fat forever!
Claudette Colvin is the 2009 National Book Award Winner for Young People's Literature and a 2010 Newbery Honor Book.
Craig and Maria Emmerich have partnered to write a book that goes well beyond the typical ketogenic recipes to create a book that digs deep into the science of ketogenic dieting, explains how dozens of diseases can be cured or controlled through ketogenic dieting, and how ketogenic diets are fueling a new breed of athlete.
The Keto Book is the definitive resource to the ketogenic lifestyle. Inside, you'll learn
- How cancer, obesity, metabolic syndrome, coronary artery disease, high cholesterol, Alzheimer's, dementia, ADHD, anxiety, and depression can all be beaten into submission by making some simple, yet impactful, changes to your diet.
- How cholesterol and diabetes medications could very well be making you sicker rather than better.
- How generations of bad advice—advice designed to sell sugar not health—has killed millions who blindly trusted the medical community and worse still, the government, to tell them the truth.
- How overconsumption of carbohydrates is both bad for your health and could be at the root of what ails you.
- How changing your inputs—the foods you eat—can change your outputs, meaning the quality of life that you live.
- How reductions in fat consumption have led to a tripling of diabetes patients, sharp increases in the number of cancer patients, increases in ADHD, and a meteoric rise in heart disease rates. If we are to assume that eliminating fat from our diets is the key to good health, why then are more and more people who’ve followed this advice dying from food-related diseases?
- How inflammation is at the root of many diseases, and how modern diets that are rife with sugar, carbs, and omega-6 oils are sending us to early graves.
- How hormones control mood swings, sex drive, blood sugar levels, muscle tone, fat-burning ability, metabolism, the immune system, and much more—and how adopting a ketogenic lifestyle will change your waistline and your life!
- How to stock your pantry with the right foods and make meal plans that are delicious, easy to follow, and most importantly, are the pathway to a longer, healthier life.
- How you can build muscle and perform your best on a low-carb, high-fat diet. No, we're not making that up!
So, enjoy that slab of bacon. Gnaw on that rib bone. And say "no" to that plate of "heart-healthy" pasta. New York Times bestselling author, Maria Emmerich and husband, Craig, are going to take you on a journey to a new life—one that helps you lose weight, build muscle, and live the life nature intended you to live!