Mac Basics in easy steps covers all the essentials a novice needs to know, from getting started to security issues. Areas covered include:
• Getting to grips with the Mac
• Dealing with Documents
• Mastering email
• Browsing the web
• Calendars & Contacts
• Photos & Videos on the Mac
• The world of iTunes
• Networking using the Mac
• Video chat using the Mac
• Personalising your Mac
This handy guide even shows how to move over from a PC - in easy steps - with minimum hassle.
Covers OS X Yosemite.
New features covered include Finder tabs, tags, multiple displays, iBooks, Maps, iCloud Keychain, Notification Center improvements, and updates to Calendar, Contacts, Notes, and Preferences.
- See live previews of documents, pictures, and folders.
- Use Mission Control to juggle all your open windows, desktops, and displays.
- Dock programs, documents, and folders for one-click access.
- Tag your files to make them easy to sort and find.
- Use Finder tabs to declutter your desktop.
- See all your notifications in one place.
- Spread your work over multiple displays.
- Use iCloud to store and access the latest versions of your files and settings online.
- Sync your documents, mail, contacts, appointments, reminders, notes, and messages wirelessly across your Macs and iOS devices.
- Get instant search results for documents, pictures, music, mail, programs, and more.
- Dictate anywhere that you can type.
- Play games on Game Center, Apple's online multiplayer social gaming network.
- Post to Facebook and Twitter right from the app you're using.
- Mirror your Mac's screen to your HDTV wirelessly via AirPlay, or use your HDTV as a full-fledged display, complete with dock and menu bar.
- Share files and printers on your home network.
- Connect to wireless networks with a couple of clicks.
- Set up and manage printers, scanners, and other devices.
- Download and install OS X, apps, and updates from the Mac App Store.
- Secure your data from thieves and snoops.
- Plenty of tips, tricks, and timesavers.
- Fully cross-referenced, linked, and searchable.
1. OS X Basics
2. The Desktop
3. System Preferences
4. Files, Folders & Drives
5. Programs & Documents
6. Printing, Faxing & Fonts
7. Networks & Sharing
8. Online Connections
9. Security & Privacy
10. Maintenance & Backups
11. Switching from Windows
12. Keyboard Shortcuts
WAGmob brings you, simpleNeasy, on-the-go learning eBook for "iMac 101".
"iMac is a registered trademark of Apple, Inc. The use of iMac trademark in this eBook is for learning and training purpose only. WAGmob is not associated with any products or vendors mentioned in this eBook".
The eBook provides:
1. Snack sized chapters for easy learning.
This eBook provides a quick summary of essential concepts in iMac via easy to grasp snack sized chapters:
Introduction to Mac,
Mac OS X Installation,
Features of Mac OS X,
Basics of Mac OS X,
Troubleshooting of Mac OS X,
Security of Mac OS X,
Keyboard Shortcuts for Mac OS X,
OS X Mavericks Power to the Desktop,
Ten New Things about OS X Mavericks,
Advanced Technologies of OS X Mavericks.
About WAGmob eBooks:
1) A companion eBook for on-the-go, bite-sized learning.
2) Over Three million paying customers from 175+ countries.
Why WAGmob eBooks:
1) Beautifully simple, Amazingly easy, Massive selection of eBook.
2) Effective, Engaging and Entertaining eBook.
3) An incredible value for money. Lifetime of free updates!
* * * WAGmob Vision : simpleNeasy eBooks for a lifetime of on-the-go learning.* * *
* * * WAGmob Mission : A simpleNeasy WAGmob eBook in every hand.* * *
* * * WAGmob Platform: A unique platform to create and publish your own apps & e-Books.* * *
Please visit us at www.wagmob.com or write to us at Team@wagmob.com.
We would love to improve our eBook and eBook platform.
Mac Tips, Tricks & Shortcuts easy steps is packed with over 800 useful tips, smart tricks and time-saving shortcuts – all in the familiar In Easy Steps style.
• Customize the Finder to suit you
• Time-saving keyboard shortcuts
• Printing tricks to save time
• Access your office Mac remotely from home
• Optimize images for print, web or multimedia
• Personalize your Mac to look how you like it
• Keep your Mac safe and secure
• Manage your fonts, files, backups and hard drive to keep your Mac working at peak performance!
Mac Tips, Tricks & Shortcuts in easy steps even covers Unix commands, using Windows on your Mac, troubleshooting and other tricks to help you become a Mac Pro! Suitable for those new to the Mac as well as the more advanced user.
Learning how to use a new laptop can be as challenging as trying to decipher ancient hieroglyphics—but don't let that intimidate you! MacBook For Dummies, 6th Edition is your straightforward guide to all things MacBook, including setting up and configuring your laptop, navigating your way around the desktop, familiarizing yourself with the operating system, working with files and folders, using the Finder and Finder Tabs, working with Dashboard, Mission Control, and Spaces, searching your computer with Spotlight, surfing the Internet with Safari, syncing your data with iCloud, communicating with friends and family with email, Messages, and FaceTime, discovering new apps, and creating and printing documents. Additionally, this approachable, yet comprehensive text offers insight into working with Pages, Numbers, and Keynote, and more.
MacBooks are incredibly popular for both their sleek, appealing hardware and easy to use, relevant software. Whether you're a PC convert or just want to brush up on the latest updates to the MacBook line, this helpful book gets you started in a snap. Get up and running on your new MacBook by starting with the basics Share and protect your data with insight regarding networking, sharing access and information, connecting with wireless devices, backing up and restoring your files, and troubleshooting common problems Satisfy your hunger for entertainment with iTunes, iPhoto, iMovie, and GarageBand Explore both your MacBook's hardware and software, including the latest operating system, iLife, and iWork versions
MacBook For Dummies, 6th Edition takes you on a tour of your next-generation MacBook, offering you the information you need to get your new laptop up and running.
Computing is no longer a standalone activity on a single device and Apple has created a range of products to help with all of your computing needs, whether you are using a Mac computer, an iPhone, an iPad or an iPod Touch, or a combination of all three.
Apple’s products are not created in isolation: the aim is to create a seamless experience whether using a Mac computer, an iPhone or an iPad and ensure that content from one device can easily be accessed and opened on another device. This is done largely through the online iCloud service, which can be used to store and backup content from Apple devices and then make this content available to other compatible Apple devices. This is done with a unique Apple ID and can be used to view items such as photos, documents, calendars, address books and notes on Mac computers, iPhones, iPads and iPod Touches.
Although this book focuses on the use of Mac computers it also covers using mobile Apple devices with iOS 8, and the iCloud service.
Covers OS X Yosemite