A Companion for the Forty Days of Lent (from Ash Wednesday to Easter Sunday).
Designed in a convenient, easy-to-use format:
- Inspiring reflections from some of the most gifted Catholic writers for each day
- Faith-filled essays
- Prayers, poetry, and devotions
- Meditations for the Way of the Cross
- A treasury of spiritual insights
By spending a few moments meditating on the inspiring daily reflections and the short prayers that follow them, you will discover all that is true, good, and beautiful about the Catholic Faith.
Let the profound yet practical insights you will find in this little spiritual treasury form and focus your spiritual life, filling it with new conviction and purpose.
- A beautiful little guide to lead you to the heart of the mysteries of the Holy Rosary
- Profound meditations on the Joyful, Luminous, Sorrowful, and Glorious Mysteries
- Reflections by Pope Benedict XVI
- Radiant reproductions of sacred art masterpieces to enhance your meditation of the mysteries
- Stimulating essays, prayers, poetry, and more
This pocket-sized Companion follows a practical, page-a-day format featuring original meditations on the Gospel reading of each day by twenty-four gifted authors.
Each issue of the Advent Companion is never the same as the last and contains these one-of-a-kind extras that you won't find anywhere else:
- A variety of beautiful and practical blessings.
- An Advent Penance Service.
- Specially-commissioned poetry.
- A unique feature: the Advent Stations.
- Praying the O Antiphons.
Advent is that sacred season of anticipation and expectation in which we come to terms with the deepest yearning of our soul—a yearning fulfilled only in Jesus Christ. As we wait in longing for the coming of the Christ Child at Christmas, we turn over to him all the false satisfactions—the compromises—of our life. To live Advent is to live in the awareness of a Presence that changes us.
Our Advent preparation is marked by vigilance—custody of the heart, in which we keep our soul fixed on the Lord. For what we see incarnate in the infant Jesus we desire for ourselves: purity, innocence, childlikeness restored. In the birth of this Child we know the promise of our own spiritual rebirth.
This rich spiritual companion will accompany you like a beloved friend through the four weeks of Advent with poignant scriptural reflections for each day of the season. You will also find a wealth of meditative prayers, essays, and poetry, an examination of conscience, and a unique feature: the Advent Stations.
If you long for the nearness of God in your life, this invaluable little booklet promises to bring you ever closer to the One who promised: I am with you always (Mt 28:20).
Each day of the week, a different way to experience and live the Extraordinary Jubilee of Mercy:
- Poetry that helps you contemplate the miracle of mercy (Sundays)
- Meditations from saints and spiritual masters who share their profound insights into this divine gift (Mondays)
- Profiles of saints whose lives exemplify extraordinary witness to mercy (Tuesdays)
- Teachings of the Catholic Church that explain and highlight this virtue (Wednesdays)
- Stories and testimonies of people who have chosen the path of mercy, including non-canonized faithful, literary figures, and victims of tragedy (Thursdays)
- Reflections on essential Scripture passages that reveal God’s merciful nature (Fridays)
- Devotions and prayers that draw us closer to God’s merciful heart (Saturdays)
A practical way for individuals, families, and parishes to walk with the Church in this year-long celebration.
An excellent resource to encourage ongoing conversion and fruitful discussions at home, in parish groups, in schools, and in RCIA.