It enhances the ability to interpret seismic data and use that data for basin evaluation, structural modeling of a fault, reservoir characterization, rock physics analysis, field development, and production studies.
Understanding and interpreting seismic data is critical to oil and gas exploration companies. Arming young geoscientists with a reference that covers the key principles of seismic data analysis will enhance their job knowledge, skills and performance. A fundamental grasp of seismic data enhances employability and aids scientists in functioning effectively when working with seismic data in industry.Edited by a team of petroleum geoscientists with more than 30 years of experience in hydrocarbon exploration and data analysis at O&G companies.More than 200 figures, photographs, and illustrations aid in the understanding of the fundamental concepts and techniques used to acquire seismic dataTakes an easy-to-follow, step-by-step approach to presenting the techniques and skills used to extract the geologic sections from acquired seismic data.Enhances the geoscientist’s effectiveness when using seismic data for field development and other exploration and production studies
* Overview reflection seismic methods and its limitations.
* Link between basic seismic stratigraphic principles and high resolution sequence stratigraphy.
* Description of various techniques for seismic reservoir characterization and synthetic modelling.
* Overview nversion techniques, AVO and seismic attributes analysis.
Readers will appreciate the exquisite illustrations included with the accessibly written text, which simplify the process of learning about interpretation of seismic data. This multidisciplinary, integrated and practical approach to data evaluation will prove to be a valuable tool for students and young professionals, especially those connected with oil companies.
The book is designed to meet the needs of both the academic and industrial worlds. University students and employees of oil-exploration companies alike will find the book to be a valuable resource.
* Provides new data from the Alps to Africa
* Presents interpretation of the CROP seismic network data
* Offers a stepwise increase in information with new data for further studies
Written in simple easy to understand language
Heavily illustrated to aid in understanding the text
End of chapter "Key words and workshop"
The text includes several appendices and answers for the selected workshop problems