· Human Action Recognition: Contour-Based and Silhouette-based Approaches.
· The Application of Machine Learning Techniques to Real Time Audience Analysis System.
· Panorama Construction from Multi-view Cameras in Outdoor Scenes.
· A New Real-Time Method of Contextual Image Description and Its Application in Robot Navigation and Intelligent Control.
· Perception of Audio Visual Information for Mobile Robot Motion Control Systems.
· Adaptive Surveillance Algorithms Based on the Situation Analysis.
· Enhanced, Synthetic and Combined Vision Technologies for Civil Aviation.
· Navigation of Autonomous Underwater Vehicles Using Acoustic and Visual Data Processing.
· Efficient Denoising Algorithms for Intelligent Recognition Systems.
· Image Segmentation Based on Two-dimensional Markov Chains.
The book is directed to the PhD students, professors, researchers and software developers working in the areas of digital video processing and computer vision technologies.
· Conceptual: contains conceptual works oriented to: (1) review models of strategy instruction and tailor a hybrid strategy; (2) unveil second-order judgments and define a method to assess metacognitive judgments; (3) introduces a conceptual model to describe the metacognitive activity as an autopoietic system.
· Framework: offers three works concerned with: (4) stimulate metacognitive skills and self-regulatory functions; (5) evaluate metacognitive skills and self-regulated learning at problem solving; (6) deal with executive management metacognition and strategic knowledge metacognition.
· Studies: reports research related to: (7) uncover how metacognitive awareness of listening strategies bias listening proficiency; (8) unveil how metacognitive skills and motivation are achieved in science informal learning; (9) tackle stress at learning by means of coping strategies.
· Approaches: focus on the following targets: (10) social metacognition to support collaborative problem solving; (11) metacognitive skills to be stimulated in computer supported collaborative learning; (12) metacognitive knowledge and metacognitive experiences are essential for teaching practices.
· Tools: promotes the use of intelligent tutoring systems such as: (13) BioWorld allows learners to practice medical diagnostic by providing virtual patient cases; (14) MetaHistoReasoning provides examples to learners and inquiries about the causes of historical events.
This volume will be a source of interest for researchers, practitioners, professors, and postgraduate students aimed at updating their knowledge and finding targets for future work in the metacognition arena.
Many concepts of the agent technology, such as intelligence, autonomy and cooperation, have had a direct positive impact on many of the requests imposed on modern e-learning systems and educational processes.
This book presents the state-of-the-art of e-learning and tutoring systems and discusses their capabilities and benefits that stem from integrating software agents.
We hope that the presented work will be of a great use to our colleagues and researchers interested in the e-learning and agent technology.
Experimental results are given in detail both in tabular and visualized form for fourteen data sets from UCI data repository. A striking feature of granular classifiers obtained by this approach is that preserving the accuracy of them on original data, they reduce substantially the size of the granulated data set as well as the set of granular decision rules. This feature makes the presented approach attractive in cases where a small number of rules providing a high classification accuracy is desirable. As basic algorithms used throughout the text are explained and illustrated with hand examples, the book may also serve as a textbook.