In CliffsNotes on Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen's most popular and well-known work, you'll meet Elizabeth Bennet and her sisters as they navigate the social milieu of provincial 18th-century England. In addition to easy travels through all of the novel's ironic plot twists, you'll get detailed plot summaries and chapter-by-chapter commentaries to show you how Austen's belief in rationalism triumphs in the union of Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy. You'll also discover
- Life and background of the author, Jane Austen
- A character map that graphically illustrates the relationships among the characters
- Critical essays about women's roles in 19th-century Britain and money
- A review section that tests your knowledge
- A Resource Center with books, websites, and films for further study
Classic literature or modern-day treasure—you'll understand it all with expert information and insight from CliffsNotes study guides.