- 200 recipes and formulas for facial and body-care products, fully illustrated in color.
- Step-by-step guidance through the foundational recipes, showing tools, ingredients, and techniques.
- Shopping lists and suppliers for natural ingredients, including essential oils, butters, clays, minerals, colors, and fragrances.
- Basics and recipes for creating mineral foundations, color correctors, and concealers.
- Formulas for skin-healing balms, creams, and oils.
- Products for men, including shaving products, powders, moisturizers, facial care, foot care, and massage oil.
Is your house overflowing with stuff that you don’t use or need? Clutter can:
• Overwhelm the senses
• Consume space
• Drain energy from our surroundings
• Cause stress and anxiety
This book will show you how to lighten up so you can walk into your home and be surrounded only by the things you love. Living in a minimalistic way means clearing the clutter from your life to focus on what’s truly important. Chances are, 75% of the things in your home are no benefit to your life at all. You’ll also find that throwing out a few garbage bags feels even better than therapy.
Why do you hold onto things? Here are just some of the reasons:
• Security—but the paradox is that the more we cling, the more frustrated and overwhelmed we feel.
• Addiction—shopping is a high and the novelty wears off.
• Approval—keeping material representations of who we are is one way we show off.
• Identity—we identify with what we own so that’s why we’re upset when something is stolen or broken.
• Obligation to others—we please others by keeping gifts and inherited things we don’t really like or need.
By letting go of possessions that no longer serves us, we can
• Let go of old beliefs
• Open ourselves up to new opportunities and relationships
• See your home, your life for what they really are
• Need less and do more
• Cultivate meaningful relationships
• Be more in tune with yourself in a meditative space
• Stop shopping as a form of therapy
• Stop wasting money
• Restore clarity
• FIND WHAT YOU REALLY VALUE
When you have inner clutter, it expands to your environment. So when you live in a clean and soothing environment, it can only benefit your inner life.
Don’t let the word minimalism scare you. Minimalistic living is not about getting rid of modern advancements and living in the stone age. It’s only about keeping things that are useful, meaningful and add value to your life. While it does not place importance on material things and lavish living, minimalism is also not about denying yourself of the things you need.
The guide is divided by different rooms and topics to make it easy and practical to refer to.
• Living Room
• Children’s Rooms
• Teen Rooms
• Computer & Technology
• Sentimental Objects
• Cards & Letters
This book also helps you
• Recognize Clutter
• Declutter, clean & organize your home room by room
• Sell your things for profit
• Shop for a minimalist wardrobe
• Get your family on board
• Declutter digital content and computer files
• Go car-free or car-lite
• Surround yourself with people who add value to your life
• Maintain your space once you’ve minimalized
Living with less is the first step to a peaceful mind. It makes space for the new to come in. Buy the book, put it into practice and welcome positive change into your life now.
The Complete Idiot's Guide® to Composting takes readers step by step through the process of selecting the right compost container, filling it with the right "ingredients," maintaining the mix at the right temperature and humidity, and using the end product.
?A concise format, simplified approach, and thrift-conscious price
? Author is a Master Gardener and an expert on all forms of composting
?Gardening has risen greatly in popularity in the last few years, with an added boost from first lady Michelle Obama, and so has composting, which is cheap, effective, and environmentally friendly
?Thousands of state, regional, and municipal programs have been developed to encourage composting and thus reduce landfill waste
Whether you're already a full-time vegan, considering making the switch or know someone who is, this book will give you all the tools you need to make the change towards a healthier, happier and more ethical lifestyle.
How to Go Vegan includes...
Why try vegan?
Animal welfare, the environment, health benefits and your personal adventure.
Vegan at home
Surprisingly vegan foods, reading labels, vegan ingredient essentials, easy replacements, how to be the only vegan in the family
Vegan out in the world
Eating out, eating at friends' houses, answering questions from loved ones, travelling vegan
Living the vegan lifestyle
Meal plans, tips and tricks, what to do if you're struggling, how to celebrate being a vegan
How to go vegan. It's easier than you think.