Today’s world is charging at a breakneck speed. People are working over twelve hours every single day, catching extra minutes of sleep in the metro, and completely giving up on the antiquated notion of time to spend with their own kids. There are people in their twenties neglecting every single aspect of their lives but their careers looking twice older than they should.
And 1 person out of 4 dies from cardiovascular disease – caused mostly by unhealthy eating, a lack of physical activity, smoking, and consuming too much alcohol and worthless junk food that clogs their arteries.
This book will teach you how to step away from noise, relax and recharge your batteries so you have enough left in you to control your life. Here are some of the things you'll learn:
- why rituals create your life and how to develop a proper morning routine to ensure a calm mind.
- 3 main stress management techniques for recharging you’re probably not aware of. They can make you well-rested or, if you disregard them, extremely exhausted.
- how to get away from highly-stimulating surroundings to recharge in peace. If you live in a city, you MUST read this chapter.
- how to let go of negative nagging thoughts you can’t get out of your head. You don’t have to carry them with you all the time.
- 7 powerful habits to reduce stress. And no, I’m not talking about obvious advice. You’ll discover how to exactly reduce stress with lesser-known tips.
This is your chance to find out what the hard science says about how to become more relaxed. You too can finally recharge your batteries and regain control over your life. Learn how.
How to relax, how to relieve stress, how to release stress, how to reduce stress, how to chill out, stress management techniques, how to handle stress, stress reduction, stress free living, stop stressing, motivational books, inspirational books, anxiety self help, stressed out, relaxation techniques, relaxation and stress reduction, recharge your life, busyness, do less get more, do less achieve more, tired
If you want to make positive changes in your life and achieve your long-term goals, I can’t think of a better way to do it than to learn how to become more self-disciplined.
Science has figured out a lot of interesting aspects of self-discipline and willpower, but most of this knowledge is buried deep inside long and boring scientific papers.
If you’d like to benefit from these studies without actually reading them, this book is for you. I’ve done the job for you and researched the most useful and viable scientific findings that will help you improve your self-discipline.
Here are just a couple things you will learn from the book:
- what a bank robber with lemon juice on his face can teach you about self-control. The story will make you laugh out loud, but its implications will make you think twice about your ability to control your urges.
- how $50 chocolate bars can motivate you to keep going when faced with an overwhelming temptation to give in.
- why President Obama wears only gray and blue suits and what it has to do with self-control (it’s also a possible reason why the poor stay poor).
- why the popular way of visualization can actually prevent you from reaching your goals and destroy your self-control (and what to do instead).
- what dopamine is and why it’s crucial to understand its role to break your bad habits and form good ones.
- 5 practical ways to train your self-discipline. Discover some of the most important techniques to increase your self-control and become better at resisting instant gratification.
- why the status quo bias will threaten your goals and what to do to reduce its effect on your resolutions.
- why extreme diets help people achieve long-term results, and how to apply these findings in your own life.
- why and when indulging yourself can actually help you build your self-discipline. Yes, you can stuff yourself (from time to time) and still lose weight.
Instead of sharing with you the detailed "why" (with confusing and boring descriptions of studies), I will share with you the "how" – advice that will change your life if you decide to follow it.
You too can master the art of self-discipline and learn how to resist temptations. Your long term goals are worth it. Scroll up and buy the book now.
As a gift for buying my book, you'll get my another book, "Grit: How to Keep Going When You Want to Give Up."
Develop self discipline, willpower and self discipline, self-discipline, self control books, stress, reach your goals, self-control, achieve your goals, instant gratification, long term goals, goal setting success, goal setting books, how to reach your goals, how to achieve your goals, persistence, how not to give up, stick to a diet, stay motivated, build habits, delayed gratification, personal development
Learn How to Put an End to Busyness and Finally Have More Time to Live Your Life on Your Own Terms
"I don't have time."
When was the last time you heard that or said it yourself? A few days ago? Yesterday? Today?
Every day is full of things to do, people to see, and decisions to make. When do you get time for yourself and what you really want to do?
Time is your most precious commodity – everyone only has so much – so why do you spend it like you have an unlimited supply? When the Grim Reaper finally comes for you, will you smile, remembering all the experiences you had that made you happy, or will you think back with a tear at all the "what ifs" you missed because you just "didn't have the time"?
How to Have More Time will help you reclaim your time for you, your goals, and your sanity. Learn some of the tricks to make the time for a healthier lifestyle: have time to eat better food, exercise more, and surround yourself with the people that are good for you. Inside, you'll discover:
- the biggest time-suck in your life and ways you can better deal with it (trends show more and more people are starting to get how big of a time-suck this one thing is – you're about to find out the what, why, and how),
- how working harder is actually counter-productive and ends up taking MORE time (and learn what to do instead),
- how to maximize your time to do everything you need to and still have time for yourself (yes, it is possible to have your cake and eat it),
- how a materialistic lifestyle robs you of precious time and why it's a sure-fire way to attract unhappiness in your life (and what to do to have both more money and more time),
- and the silent robbers of your time that do nothing but steal time from you (but don't worry, you'll learn how to overcome them).
Take the journey through this book to cut away the unessential and maximize the use of your time.
Discover how much time you could have for yourself to improve your quality of life, spend more time with your family and friends, or simply get to do those things you've always wanted to do but could never find the time for. The answers (and a better lifestyle) are waiting for you inside.
New Harbinger Self-Help Essentials provide simple, effective exercises that you can use now to make lasting changes. This Essential is drawn from The Relaxation and Stress Reduction Workbook, which details easy, step-by-step techniques for calming the body and mind in an increasingly overstimulated world. Now in its sixth edition, this workbook, highly regarded by therapists and their clients, remains the go-to source for stress reduction strategies that can be incorporated into even the busiest lives.
The Relaxation and Stress Reduction Workbook has been awarded The Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies Self-Help Seal of Merit — an award bestowed on outstanding self-help books that are consistent with cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) principles and that incorporate scientifically tested strategies for overcoming mental health difficulties. Used alone or in conjunction with therapy, our books offer powerful tools readers can use to jump-start changes in their lives.