- Discover the difference between Ordinary Setting that bogs down your story, and Active Setting that empowers your story.
- See how to spin boring descriptions into engaging prose.
- Learn to deepen the reader's experience of your story world through sensory details.
- Notice how changing characters' POV can change your setting.
- Explore ways to maximize the setting possibilities in your story.
This book goes straight to the point, putting theory in plain language, adding examples from authors in a variety of genres, and finishes each section with exercises designed to help you work with your Setting in a way that will excite you. . .and your readers!