These days there's a revolution going on. Relaxers are out. Weaves are so yesterday. Tired of damage from expensive chemical treatments and artificial enhancers, women of color are going natural thanks to Nikki Walton of CurlyNikki.com, the natural hair blogger and online hair therapy expert.
In Better Than Good Hair, this gifted "curl whisperer" educates women on how to transition from relaxed to completely natural hair, with advice and styles for every length—from Fierce Braid-and-Curls to Fancy Faux Buns. She also counsels those considering the "big chop"—cutting it all off at once to sport a bold and beautiful "teeny weeny afro." Here, too, is essential guidance for parents of mixed-race children dealing with new and unfamiliar hair textures and styles.
Combining Walton's expansive knowledge with tips from other experts in the field, Better Than Good Hair includes:Product recommendationsHome hair care recipesAdvice for parents on how to manage their children's natural hair Tips for using henna on gray hair Guidance on dealing with detractors Step-by-step illustrated directions for nearly two dozen hairdos, from frohawks to twist-outs
Full of indispensable information, as empowering as it is accessible, and with a foreword by actress and comedian Kim Wayans, Better Than Good Hair is a must-have natural hair care bible that will help women of all ages and styles achieve their natural beauty.
Here’s your roadmap.
Thinking outside the box is not always easy—especially when you’ve had a long-term relationship with your relaxer. And, of course, rocking gravity-defying kinks and coils comes with another set of unique joys and challenges. The Science of Transitioning: A Complete Guide to Hair Care for Transitioners and New Naturals is your essential, all-inclusive guide to the journey back—written exclusively for those who are chemically relaxed and considering the natural journey, those who are taking their first steps back to natural and those who have already gone all in!
Unleash your hair’s fullest potential, and learn how to care for the natural kinks, coils and curls you were born with.
Best for those who are:
· * Currently relaxed and considering natural hair
· * Transitioners (Long-term and short-term transitions)
· * New Naturals (Recently chopped, or natural for less than 2 years)
· * How chemical relaxers really affect the hair and scalp.
· * How to transition while keeping your hair as healthy as possible.
· * The best products and techniques to use during your transition.
· * How your mental transition determines the success of your physical transition.
· * Tips for dealing with unsupportive friends and family members.
· * Tips for getting the most out of your new natural hair!
· * Regimen advice for both transitioners and new naturals.
· * Sample “Transitioning Timeline” and care instructions to carry you through the first year of transitioning.
· * More than one hundred illustrations and directions for handling and styling transitioning and newly natural hair.
· * New, updated images of hair at the microscopic level.
· * Product suggestions, sample regimens and more!
In Korea, healthy, glowing skin is the ideal form of beauty. It's considered achievable by all, men and women, young and old—and it begins with adopting a skin-first mentality. Now, this Korean beauty philosophy has taken the world by storm!
As the founder of Soko Glam, a leading Korean beauty and lifestyle website, esthetician and beauty expert Charlotte Cho guides you through the world-renowned Korean ten-step skin-care routine—and far beyond—to help you achieve the clearest and most radiant skin of your life With Charlotte's step-by-step tutorials, skin-care tips, and advice on what to look for in products at all price levels, you'll learn how to pamper and care for your skin at home with Korean-approved techniques and pull off the "no makeup" makeup look we've seen and admired on women in the streets of Seoul. And you'll get access to beauty secrets from Charlotte's favorite beauty gurus from around the world, including supermodels, YouTube sensations, top makeup artists, magazine editors, actresses, and leading Korean skincare researchers.
With the knowledge of an expert and voice of a trusted friend, Charlotte's personal tour through Korean beauty culture will help you find joy in the everyday beauty routines that will transform your skin.