Tour Deschutes Brewery (one of the state’s oldest—and among the country’s largest—craft breweries), play a round of corn hole on the lawn at Crux Fermentation Project, do a little stargazing in Worthy Brewing’s “Hopservatory,” and more with this in-depth look at the explosive craft beer scene in Central Oregon.
Drawing on interviews with every craft brewery in Central Oregon, this guide includes:
· Detailed profiles of all 25 breweries in Bend and Central Oregon – from Sisters to Prineville and Sunriver to Redmond
· Full-color images and easy-to-read maps
· Calendar of the region’s best beer festivals
· Information on kid-friendliness, food menus, outdoor seating, and more
· Broad overview on transportation, lodging, and other essential tips
· Insight into the region’s best taprooms and other beer experiences, including the Bend Ale Trail, Bend Beer Yoga, brewery tours, and more
Matt Wastradowski loves Oregon more than any rational human should. When he’s not preaching about the state’s beer selection, natural beauty, or unconventional attractions for the likes of Northwest Travel & Life, the REI Co-op Journal, or other outlets, he’s probably on the road, experiencing all the state has to offer. (Whatever he’s up to, Matt’s most at home wherever the bars on his cell phone run out.)
Say “hi” if you see him in your neighborhood brewpub, on the trail, in the Timbers Army, or perusing the “Oregon” section in your town’s independent bookstore.