This guidebook takes you through the true methods to create your prototype. Based on 24 years of experience, the easy to read guidebook takes you through the important step-by-step procedures.
* Step-by-Step Process – The step-by-step procedures to get a prototype designed and produced.
* Free and Low-Cost Resources – Where to get a prototype made, how to work with prototype makers, how to avoid the pitfalls many inventors make, and how to save money in the process.
* Working with a Prototype Maker – The steps an engineer takes to produce a prototype and what you need to know to work with them to get the job done right.
* Rapid Prototyping – How to take advantage of rapid prototyping technologies (3D Printers, SLA, SLS, FDM, LOM).
* Prototype Design – How to determine the best design that's right for you and for your future customers.
* Demonstration – How to demonstrate your prototype for the best impact to get a deal with companies, investors, or partners.
* Feedback – How to get free feedback on your prototype to improve the marketability of your invention.
* And more.
The material is clear and concise. There's no fluff. I understand your time is valuable and you want to get to the meat of the issues quick and easy.
The material is clear and concise. There's no fluff, just straight to the point facts.
Elon Musk spotlights the technology and vision of Elon Musk, the renowned entrepreneur and innovator behind SpaceX, Tesla, and SolarCity, who sold one of his Internet companies, PayPal, for $1.5 billion. Ashlee Vance captures the full spectacle and arc of the genius’s life and work, from his tumultuous upbringing in South Africa and flight to the United States to his dramatic technical innovations and entrepreneurial pursuits.
Vance uses Musk’s story to explore one of the pressing questions of our age: can the nation of inventors and creators who led the modern world for a century still compete in an age of fierce global competition? He argues that Musk—one of the most unusual and striking figures in American business history—is a contemporary, visionary amalgam of legendary inventors and industrialists including Thomas Edison, Henry Ford, Howard Hughes, and Steve Jobs. More than any other entrepreneur today, Musk has dedicated his energies and his own vast fortune to inventing a future that is as rich and far-reaching as the visionaries of the golden age of science-fiction fantasy.
Thorough and insightful, Elon Musk brings to life a technology industry that is rapidly and dramatically changing by examining the life of one of its most powerful and influential titans.
In this illustrated history, Steven Johnson explores the history of innovation over centuries, tracing facets of modern life (refrigeration, clocks, and eyeglass lenses, to name a few) from their creation by hobbyists, amateurs, and entrepreneurs to their unintended historical consequences. Filled with surprising stories of accidental genius and brilliant mistakes—from the French publisher who invented the phonograph before Edison but forgot to include playback, to the Hollywood movie star who helped invent the technology behind Wi-Fi and Bluetooth—How We Got to Now investigates the secret history behind the everyday objects of contemporary life.
In his trademark style, Johnson examines unexpected connections between seemingly unrelated fields: how the invention of air-conditioning enabled the largest migration of human beings in the history of the species—to cities such as Dubai or Phoenix, which would otherwise be virtually uninhabitable; how pendulum clocks helped trigger the industrial revolution; and how clean water made it possible to manufacture computer chips. Accompanied by a major six-part television series on PBS, How We Got to Now is the story of collaborative networks building the modern world, written in the provocative, informative, and engaging style that has earned Johnson fans around the globe.