CURRENT Medical Diagnosis & Treatment is the most comprehensive, reliable, and timely reference available to answer common questions that arise in everyday clinical practice. Readers will find authoritative, evidence-based coverage of more than 1,000 diseases and disorders along with a concise, yet thorough synopsis of diagnosis and treatment. Written in a clear, easy-to-read style, this trusted classic covers all aspects of outpatient and inpatient care, and also includes discussion of new developments and breakthroughs in medicine. Presented in full color, CMDT covers every aspect of general medicine, with an emphasis on prevention and cost-effective strategies.
• The only text with an annual review of the advances made in HIV treatment
• Detailed overview of other primary care topics, from gynecology, orthopedics and dermatology to ophthalmology, psychiatry, and neurology
• Many decision-speeding diagnostic and treatment algorithms and tables
• The perfect balance of clinical practice and research evidence to optimize patient care
• New chapter on Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender Health
Maxine A. Papadakis, MD Professor Emeritus, University of California-San Francisco School of Medicine.
Stephen J. McPhee, MD Professor Emeritus, University of California-San Francisco School of Medicine.
Michael W. Rabow, MD Associate Professor of Medicine, University of California-San Francisco School of Medicine.
A Doody's Core Title for 2017!
Written by clinicians renowned in their respective fields, CMDT offers the most current insights into symptoms, signs, epidemiology, and treatment for more than 1,000 diseases and disorders. For each topic, you’ll find concise, evidence-based information about hospital and ambulatory medicine. This streamlined clinical companion is the fastest and easiest way to keep abreast of the latest medical advances, prevention strategies, and cost-effective treatments.
Here’s why CMDT is an essential reference for any primary care setting:
• Strong emphasis on the practical aspects of clinical diagnosis and patient management throughout the broad fields of internal medicine
• Full review of internal medicine and additional primary care topics, such as gynecology and obstetrics, dermatology, neurology, ophthalmology, geriatrics, and palliative care
• The only text with an annual update on HIV/AIDS and new emerging viral diseases
• Specific disease prevention information
• Medication treatment tables, with indexed trade names and updated prices – plus helpful diagnostic and treatment algorithms
• Updated PMID numbers for quick reference
• Many full-color photographs and illustrations
Here are just a few of the many exciting new additions and updates:
• New information on Zika, dengue, chikungunya, MERS and other infections
• Two new online chapters: Lesbian & Bisexual Women’s Health and Transgender Health & Disease Prevention
• Update on influenza pneumococcal, HPV, and meningococcal vaccines
• Latest information on new therapies for inflammatory bowel disease
• Revised recommendations for cardiovascular prevention methods
• Recent advances in diagnosis and treatment of Clostridium difficile infections
• New FDA approved medications for diabetes mellitus and hypercholesterolemia
• Extensively revised material on alcoholism
• Latest information on treatment options for obesity
• Expanded online Podiatry chapter