Fabulous! You’re in the right place.
The Performing Arts Marketing Crash Course: Marketing 101 + Plan is your quick, down, and dirty guide to help overworked, overtired performing arts peeps learn the basics of marketing and write a cohesive marketing plan.
Inside you'll find:
* Quick & easy crash course on the basics of marketing and how to write a marketing plan.
* Explanation of the multiple facets of marketing. What they are, why you need them, and how to incorporate them into your marketing plan.
* A "Bare Bones" Guide. A primer on the bare minimum you can get away with because you're busy and tired but know you still need to get shit done.
* Clean space to write your marketing plan.
“Hey! This is fun. I don’t dread marketing anymore!”
— Jackie M., Dancer
When you decided to go into the performing arts, you probably didn't think about having to also market yourself, did you?
If you're like many performing arts peeps I know, you only want to create, rehearse, and perform.
And really, how fabulous would that be?
Once upon a time, that was the case. Agents, companies, and others did that.
Now, they're looking for artists that can market themselves.
I hear this regularly from company managers:
"I'm looking for what else you can bring to my company. If you make it to the audition, I assume you're a talented performer. What else can you bring to the table?"
It's frustrating. Maybe even exhausting to think about. After all, marketing is now one more thing you have to add to your already epic to-do list.
On top of a packed practice, rehearsal, and performance schedule, as well as most likely work and/or school, (and hopefully some family and social time as well) when the hell are you supposed to learn how to market yourself and then actually do it?
Good news! It's far easier to self-market than it used to be, and this workbook will help you do it.
I wrote this specifically with busy, tired, overworked performing arts peeps in mind. Your needs, your schedule, and your energy (or lack thereof) levels.
This is your quick, down, and dirty guide to marketing and writing your marketing plan.
It's going to give you what you need to know to get it done, create a cohesive and strategic plan, and look professional doing it.
I know you can do it!
What you'll learn:
* The basics of marketing. What they are. Why they're important. And what to include in your marketing plan.
* What to keep and what to ignore in case you're already overworked and overstressed.
* How to write your own marketing plan.
In the end you'll have a solid grasp of the marketing basics as well as your own official marketing plan!
Note: Some topics touched on in this workbook will be explored more deeply in future workbooks. This workbook lays the foundation on which the rest of your marketing efforts will be built.
This book is for you if you’re a performing arts person who:
* wants to learn the basics about marketing.
* wants to market easily, efficiently, and effectively.
* has been marketing some, but doesn't have a cohesive plan in place to pull everything together.
* needs to write a marketing plan.
P.S. - this workbook is also good for any creative who needs to market.
“VERY IMPRESSED, MS. MASSIE. This is well-written, clear, concise, entertaining, and not at all dry while still being very informative. I am enjoying my marketing crash course!”
— Brandie A., Writer
Are you ready to take control of your marketing?
Buy The Performing Arts Marketing Crash Course: Marketing 101 + Plan today!
Melinda Massie is a digital marketing coach for the performing arts, published author, and performer. She teaches performers and performing arts organizations how to use digital marketing in a simple, clear, and creative way. She also teaches marketing courses for TCU Extended Education.
Prior to becoming a marketing coach, Melinda had award-winning careers in ballroom dance, event management, and professional home organization. She holds a degree in advertising and public relations.
When not helping others with their digital marketing, you can find her performing with the Fort Worth Opera, cooking and eating indulgent foods, pretending to run, or drinking champagne.
And not necessarily in that order.
Learn how to market yourself at www.MelindaMassie.com.
Fabulous! You're in the right place!
What you'll find inside:
• A simple, step-by-step plan to help you clear clutter without forcing you to get rid of all your worldly possessions.
• Steps are broken down into easy 5-15 minutes chunks to fit into even the busiest schedules.
• Find your personal "sweet spot" between too cluttered and too tidy to maintain.
• Advice, guidance, motivation, and a dose of sass to keep you going through the entire process!
“This is a great resource to turn dread into fun! Our home is not bad on the surface, but this is really helping to let go of negative thinking. It’s a helpful tool for couples. I don’t know how my husband and I would start otherwise. So yea for that!”
— L.C., Dallas, TX
Would you rather not have to burn all of your worldly good in a sacrificial fire to the Organizing Gods (dance optional) just to have an organized home?
When I first started my professional organizing business, I noticed something pretty significant:
The popular organizing rules don’t always work very well.
Sometimes, they can even make the situation worse. (Insert dramatic music here.)
Through my years of working with clients, I honed a simple way to help clear clutter and create an organized home.
Even if you have oodles of clutter. Even if you've never been organized before.
From Hot Mess to Hot Damn! outlines the simple, straightforward process that's helped hundreds from the casually cluttered to haphazardly hoarded let go of the clutter and create an organized home.
This step-by-step process will walk you through clearing clutter without it becoming to chaotic or overwhelming. Then you'll organize your space in a way that works best for your particular needs.
When you're finished, your home will flow with ease.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
• The only ground rules you'll ever need to create and maintain a clutter-free and organized home.
• The organizing rules you should break.
• The specific process to clear clutter in such a way that you'll always see progress and stay motivated.
• The parts of clutter clearing process that will suck - because forewarned is forearmed.
• Questions to help you determine what stays and what goes.
• Success tips to help you maintain your hard work for life!
Plus, you'll find links to bonus downloads that will help along the way.
THIS BOOK IS FOR YOU IF:
• You're ready to discover your personal organizing style.
• You're ready to let go of what is no longer serving you. (Not everything...just what you no longer truly need.)
• The popular organizing methods didn't work for you.
• You feel like a lot of organizing advice and books are too judgmental or "preachy." I do too which is why I wrote this book!
(NOTE: if you're looking for hard-core minimalism this isn't the book for you, but I appreciate you giving this a look!)
“Melinda is a tremendous help. The advice she’s given me is invaluable, and she makes everything so clear.”
— K.H., New York City, NY
From Hot Mess to Hot Damn! will help you find the sweet spot between "get rid of it all!" and "I give up!"
Whether you're tackling only the "spare room of doom" or an entire home filled with clutter up to your eyeballs, From Hot Mess to Hot Damn! will guide and motivate you every step of the way. In the end, you'll have created a home that you love and reflects your personal organizing style.
TURN YOUR HOT MESS INTO A "HOT DAMN!" NO SACRIFICIAL FIRES NEEDED.
Ready to tame your hot mess once and for all? Buy From Hot Mess to Hot Damn! today!
Of course you are!
INSIDE YOU'LL LEARN:
· * How clothing sizing was created. Spoiler alert: this is why you should ignore sizes altogether.
· * The checklist to help you determine which clothes stay and which clothes sashay away.
· * A step-by-step plan on how to clear out the wrong clothes with minimum chaos.
· * How to create an organized closet so you can enjoy getting dressed each morning.
“I just LOVE my closet!!! Now I like to hang out in here and drink wine while I stare at it; it’s so pretty! ”
— K.K., Fort Worth, TX
Helping clients create a fabulously organized closet is something that's been near and dear to my heart from the very beginning of my business.
What we wear and how we feel we look has such an effect on our energy and attitude.
Think about how you feel when you put on something that makes you look good. You stand a little taller. Beam a little brighter. The day often goes well.
The opposite unfortunately has as true of an effect. Have you ever said, "I'm having a fat day," hate everything you try on, settle on something you feel less-than-splendid in, and subsequently have a crap-ass day?
Sucks doesn't it?
Imagine walking into your closet and knowing that everything fits, is flattering, and makes you feel fabulous.
How much nicer will your days be when your morning runs a little smoother because you weren't searching for your favorite top?
How much more fun will clothes shopping be because you know what you have in your closet and what you need?
Feels fantastic, doesn't it?
"KICK-ASS CLOSETS" IS A SIMPLE, 7-STEP GUIDE TO TRANSFORMING YOUR CLOSET FROM CHAOS TO A CRAVE-WORTHY SPACE YOU'LL LOOK FORWARD TO GETTING DRESSED IN.
WHO THIS IS FOR:
Anyone who is ready to shed the clothing that no longer fits their current body/lifestyle and create an organized closet that they'll enjoy getting ready in every day.
WHO THIS IS NOT FOR:
Those looking for specific fashion advice. While I'll talk a little bit about fashion staples, certain fashion industry practices that are less-than-splendid, how you'll look and feel better in clothes that properly fit, and accepting who your life and body in its current state, the mission of this e-book is to help you clear out the clutter and organize your closet.
ARE YOU READY TO:
· * END THE PSYCHOLOGICAL TORTURE
· * CLEAR OUT THE THE CLOTHES THAT DON'T MAKE YOU FEEL YOUR BEST, AND
· * CREATE A CLOSET YOU LOVE?
Buy "Kick-Ass Closets" today!
Forget everything you think you know about the odds of “making it” in the music industry. Today, odds mean nothing and success is not about lucky breaks. It’s about conquering social media, mastering the art of merchandising and simply working harder and being smarter than everyone else. We are living in the midst of an industry renaissance, one that has left the record companies desperately struggling to maintain their prominence, as a subculture of dedicated, DIY (do-it-yourself) musicians have taken over. These days talent is a given and success has to be earned.
In 2008, Ari Herstand boldly turned in his green Starbucks apron to his manager, determined to make a living off his craft as a singer/songwriter. Almost a decade later, he has become a founding member of the new DIY movement and a self-sustaining musician, all without the help of a major label. Now, drawing from years of experience, Herstand has written the definitive guide for other like-minded artists, the ones who want to forge their own path and not follow the traditional markers of success, like record sales, hits on the radio or the amount of your label advance. Incredibly comprehensive and brutally honest throughout, How to Make It in the New Music Business covers every facet of the "new" business, including how to:Build a grass-roots fan base—and understand the modern fan Book a profitable tour, and tips for playing live, such as opening vs. headlining etiquette, and putting on a memorable show Become popular on YouTube, Spotify and SoundCloud Get songs placed in film and television Earn royalties you didn’t know existed and reach your crowdfunding goals
Musicians will not only be introduced to all the tools available today but will be shown how to effectively leverage them to actually make money. More important, they will develop the mindset to be aware of new advancements both online and in the real world and always stay in tune with a constantly evolving landscape.
There has never been a better time to be an independent musician. Today, fans can communicate with their idols by simply picking up their phones, artists are able to produce studio-worthy content from their basement and albums are funded not by "record men" but by generous, engaged supporters. As result, How to Make It in the New Music Business is a must-have guide for anyone hoping to navigate the increasingly complex yet advantageous landscape that is the modern music industry.