Windows Media Player 11 is the latest update to Microsoft's popular digital media player program. WMP11 offers a giant step forward in features and ease-of-use, and many critics are calling it the best media player software available today.
With all its new features and functions, how do you use WMP11 to do what you need to do? How do you rip songs to your hard drive, or burn music CDs, or watch DVDs and downloaded videos? And what other new features are included?
Those questions and more are answered in the new Digital Shortcut Using Windows Media Player 11 , from best-selling author Michael Miller. Using Windows Media Player 11 is a detailed how-to guide for WMP11 -- the kind of instruction manual that users wish would have come with the program.
Readers will learn how to use WMP11 to:
- Organize their digital music libraries
- Play back digital music and movies
- Create custom playlists
- Edit the information stored on music metadata tags
- Rip music from CDs to hard disk
- Burn custom music CDs
- Sync their music to a portable music player
- Organize and display digital photos
- Purchase and download music from Microsoft's new URGE music service
Everything you need to know about the new Windows Media Player 11 is described in this Digital Shortcut. Using Windows Media Player 11 is the ideal guide for new WMP users -- or for anyone considering the upgrade!
- The basics of tones, including pitches, clefs, scales, intervals, and major and minor keys.
- The building blocks of rhythm, including note values, basic notation, time signatures, and tempo, dynamics, and navigation.
- How tunes are created, starting with melodies, chords, chord progressions, and phrases and forms.
- The basics of accompaniment, including transcribing, accompanying melodies, and transposing to other keys.
- Composing and arranging, including coverage of musical genres and forms, how to compose your own music, arranging for voices and instruments, working with lead sheets and scores, and performing your music.
- Helpful reference appendixes, including a glossary, chord charts, and instrument ranges.
- Exercises at the end of each chapter, and an answer key appendix.
- All-new coverage of genres, composing, and arranging.
- Expanded online ear-training and transcribing exercise content.
Your hard-core, up-to-the-minute, how-to guide
Download, rip, store, organize, play, stream–anything, anywhere
Seriously into digital music? Best-selling how-to author, serious audiophile, and eclectic music-lover Michael Miller will help you get all the digital tunes you want, whenever and wherever you want them! Miller guides you through today’s best new options, from iTunes to Spotify…helps you make the most of social music, Internet radio, and cloud music services…even shows how to transform your home into a digital music paradise. This book is packed with practical answers, easy step-by-step instructions, insider tips, great ideas, and new music sources you never knew existed!
For everyone who’s passionate about music!
• Discover brand-new digital music services, sites, and devices that fit your lifestyle
• Find great new music on iTunes, Amazon, and sites you’ve never heard of
• Get the truth about piracy, file sharing, and copyright
• Find huge amounts of legally free music
• Rip, store, and organize: Build your perfect music library
• Determine the best audio file format and compression rate for your collection
• Create simply amazing playlists
• Stream songs anywhere, with Spotify, Pandora, Internet radio, and the cloud
• Get great sound from your iPod or iPhone on your home audio system
• Build a whole-house digital audio system, the easy way
• Choose your best next media player (Apple or otherwise)
• Find and share tunes on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and beyond
In clear and approachable prose, design pro Tynan Sylvester also looks at the day-to-day process necessary to keep your project on track, including how to work with a team, and how to avoid creative dead ends. Packed with examples, this book will change your perception of game design.Create game mechanics to trigger a range of emotions and provide a variety of playExplore several options for combining narrative with interactivityBuild interactions that let multiplayer gamers get into each other’s headsMotivate players through rewards that align with the rest of the gameEstablish a metaphor vocabulary to help players learn which design aspects are game mechanicsPlan, test, and analyze your design through iteration rather than deciding everything up frontLearn how your game’s market positioning will affect your design
The online companion files include all the necessary assets for readers to complete the projects featured in each chapter as well as ebook updates when Adobe releases relevant new features for Creative Cloud customers. All buyers of the book get full access to the Web Edition: a Web-based version of the complete ebook enhanced with video and multiple-choice quizzes.