Missy Chase Lapine is best known as the originator of the successful Sneaky Chef series of books, including her flagship New York Times bestseller, The Sneaky Chef: Simple Strategies for Hiding Healthy Foods in Kids’ Favorite Meals. Missy is also the founder of Sneaky Chef Foods, LLC, a company that develops food products that fit with the Sneaky Chef mission, such as Sneaky Chef No-Nut Butter and pasta sauces made with hidden veggies. Former publisher of Eating Well magazine, Missy lives in Westchester County, New York, with her husband and two daughters.
• Sneaky Chef Light: Delicious recipes for kids struggling with their weight: with lower calories, lower fat—and all the taste!
• Sneaky Chef for Food Allergies. For the millions of children who suffer from food allergies, here are recipes that are dairy-free, egg-free, and gluten-free.
• Sneaky Chef for More Variety—More make-ahead purees and crafty, kid-friendly recipes the whole family will love.
• Sneaky Chef Celebrates! Even special days can be healthy, as the Sneaky Chef unveils recipes for birthdays, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Chanukah, Valentine's Day, Passover, Easter, and more!
Sneaky Chef to the Rescue shows that any family can “sneak” good food into their diets, making everybody (both kids and adults) both happier and healthier.
• Quick fixes for jarred tomato sauce, mac-and-cheese, pancake mixes and cereals.
• Clever Shortcuts that will get weeknight cooks out of the kitchen in a hurry.
• Info on navigating options in the supermarket, what to look for when choosing packaged foods, shaving minutes—and calories—from every shopping trip.
• Recipes that are dense in nutrients, while low in calories, fat, sodium, and sugars.
• Fast tips such as “Sneaky Swaps” and “Sneaky Supercharges” that will kick meals up a notch.
Best of all, The Speedy Sneaky Chef offers the best thing of all: time! Less time in the kitchen means more family time. Plus there's the peace of mind of knowing that meals are not just convenient, but healthy.
Whether you're new to juicing, looking to complete a Reboot or just want to add variety to your daily juicing routine, this book is for you. The recipes are organized by color to ensure you enjoy a range of flavors and more importantly, receive a wide spectrum of nutrients. Have a health condition? Follow the key that indicates what juices are best for fighting specific conditions like diabetes, high cholesterol, osteoporosis, etc.
You’ll also find guidelines for cleaning and storing your fruits and veggies and a substitution chart if you want to swap fruit and veggies you don’t like or are hard to find in your area. Try a new juice every day!