You’ll Learn How To:
• Discover where search and social media are headed, and what it means to you
• Implement strategies that work right now–and will work even better in the future
• Begin profiting from friendships, personal relationships, and tastemakers
• Start using today’s new currency of trust: likes, comments, retweets, shares, and video responses
• Use social discovery to deliver messages with stunning personal relevance
• Master the “Search and Sell” method for profitingfrom real-time search
• Sell through personalized recommendations delivered straight to smartphones
• Build your business with Foursquare and Facebook Places check-ins
• Learn effective, low-risk ways to use Groupon-style “daily deals”
• Mine cash from social data in entertainment, beauty, shopping, food, travel, health, and
• Prepare for emerging shifts in pay-per-click, organic SEO, and web display ad markets
• Preview tomorrow’s most exciting new social players, platforms, products, and services
Computer-Mediated Marketing Strategies: Social Media and Online Brand Communities brings together marketing approaches and the application of current technology, such as social networking arenas, to show how this interaction creates a successful competitive advantage. Focusing on qualitative research, various technological tools, and diverse Internet environments, this book is a necessary reference source for academics, management practitioners, students, and professionals interested in the application of technology in promotionally-oriented processes.
If mismanaged, social media can create more noise than signal. It can be a time and energy suck—for you and your audience. Or worse still, it can become an echo chamber for negative PR.
If done well, guerrilla social media marketing can help you persuade, command attention, establish dialogue, differentiate yourself, capture new markets, and outmaneuver the competition—all on a shoestring budget. Whether you’re selling digital goods and services, physical goods, or local services, this book has the answers.Strategize and optimize your social presence in ways you didn’t know were possibleDrive more clicks and sales with better-performing Facebook adsDevelop remarkable content with viral potentialManage your online reputation, instead of letting it manage youIntegrate social media into your SEO strategy, and vice versaLeverage online influencers to promote your brand, and become an influencer yourself