The advantages are huge for anyone who can tap the genius of the leader’s mindset: purpose, energy, and the courage to think big. Wherever you are, this clever guide is the missing link for a new way of thinking.
Teams are nothing more than a series of interconnected relationships with a collective, single-minded focus. Success almost never depends on individual talent and valor; instead, Alden Mills shows, it depends, first, on creating a strong foundation for yourself and, second, using that foundation to help others go beyond their individual pursuits and talents to create something bigger and better—an unstoppable team.
Unstoppable Teams show managers at every level, at both large and small organizations, including private, public, and nonprofit, how to inspire, motivate, and lead the people around them. Mills draws on stories from his own experiences to impart these surprising team-building lessons:Too many people mistake groups of individuals for a team.No two people are alike, but we all have the same genetic drivers that motivate us—our will to survive, our ego-driven desire for personal gain, and our soul-driven yearning to be a part of something greater than ourselves.When we override our fears about survival, we can focus on our desire to thrive.The more you care for your teammates, the more they will dare for the team.Great ideas are not reserved for a select few—true teams embrace diversity of thought to find winning ideas.
These lessons aren’t exclusive to the Navy SEALs; they are used by successful entrepreneurs, nonprofit leaders, coaches, and sport captains—and now you can master them too. Unstoppable Teams is the handbook for how to build care-based teams that will push people to achieve more than they ever thought possible.
The business world is full of catchphrases: follow your passion; think positive; be authentic; suck it up; take risks; network. All well-intentioned, but let’s be honest. This inch-deep advice just isn’t very helpful. How do real people succeed in the real world of work? That’s the question bestselling author Joanna Barsh sets out to answer—not by asking motivational gurus or well-established CEOs but by diving into the trenches with today’s boldest, brightest, up-and-coming leaders.
Distilling the stories of important work challenges from more than 200 rising leaders in 120 companies, this hands-on guide helps you grow through the challenges you face—not despite them. You’ll learn how to:
* Handle rising pressure and recover from colossal mistakes
* Bounce back from poor performance reviews and use them to up your game
* Get people on board with you and your mission
* Deal with office villains like a superhero
* Take uncomfortable risks and dare to challenge
* Grow when everything is falling apart around you
* Know when it’s time to find another position
Packed with raw experiences and on-the-job coping strategies from a rich diversity of voices—immigrants and first-generation Americans; blacks, Hispanics, and Asians; Ivy League alums and high school grads; and parents, some of whom are single—from all industries, this book offers the kind of nuts-and-bolts, real-world insights you won’t find anywhere else. Using these proven strategies, you can accelerate your growth with every new challenge. Best of all, you’ll be able to take the lead in your own career and build a future that works for you.
This is how ordinary people turn challenges into extraordinary opportunities for action—and how you can Grow Wherever You Work.
If you want to make positive changes in your life and achieve your long-term goals, I can’t think of a better way to do it than to learn how to become more self-disciplined.
Science has figured out a lot of interesting aspects of self-discipline and willpower, but most of this knowledge is buried deep inside long and boring scientific papers.
If you’d like to benefit from these studies without actually reading them, this book is for you. I’ve done the job for you and researched the most useful and viable scientific findings that will help you improve your self-discipline.
Here are just a couple things you will learn from the book:
- what a bank robber with lemon juice on his face can teach you about self-control. The story will make you laugh out loud, but its implications will make you think twice about your ability to control your urges.
- how $50 chocolate bars can motivate you to keep going when faced with an overwhelming temptation to give in.
- why President Obama wears only gray and blue suits and what it has to do with self-control (it’s also a possible reason why the poor stay poor).
- why the popular way of visualization can actually prevent you from reaching your goals and destroy your self-control (and what to do instead).
- what dopamine is and why it’s crucial to understand its role to break your bad habits and form good ones.
- 5 practical ways to train your self-discipline. Discover some of the most important techniques to increase your self-control and become better at resisting instant gratification.
- why the status quo bias will threaten your goals and what to do to reduce its effect on your resolutions.
- why extreme diets help people achieve long-term results, and how to apply these findings in your own life.
- why and when indulging yourself can actually help you build your self-discipline. Yes, you can stuff yourself (from time to time) and still lose weight.
Instead of sharing with you the detailed "why" (with confusing and boring descriptions of studies), I will share with you the "how" – advice that will change your life if you decide to follow it.
You too can master the art of self-discipline and learn how to resist temptations. Your long term goals are worth it. Scroll up and buy the book now.
As a gift for buying my book, you'll get my another book, "Grit: How to Keep Going When You Want to Give Up."
Develop self discipline, willpower and self discipline, self-discipline, self control books, stress, reach your goals, self-control, achieve your goals, instant gratification, long term goals, goal setting success, goal setting books, how to reach your goals, how to achieve your goals, persistence, how not to give up, stick to a diet, stay motivated, build habits, delayed gratification, personal development
Master your mental strength—revolutionary new strategies that work for everyone from homemakers to soldiers and teachers to CEOs.Don’t waste time feeling sorry for yourselfDon’t give away your powerDon’t shy away from changeDon’t focus on things you can’t controlDon’t worry about pleasing everyoneDon’t fear taking calculated risksDon’t dwell on the pastDon’t make the same mistakes over and overDon’t resent other people’s successDon’t give up after the first failureDon’t fear alone timeDon’t feel the world owes you anythingDon’t expect immediate results