Enhance and expand your students' knowledge and understanding of their AQA breadth study through expert narrative, progressive skills development and bespoke essays from leading historians on key debates.
- Builds students' understanding of the events and issues of the period with authoritative, well-researched narrative that covers the specification content
- Introduces the key concepts of change, continuity, cause and consequence, encouraging students to make comparisons across time as they advance through the course
- Improves students' skills in tackling interpretation questions and essay writing by providing clear guidance and practice activities
- Boosts students' interpretative skills and interest in history through extended reading opportunities consisting of specially commissioned essays from practising historians on relevant debates
- Cements understanding of the broad issues underpinning the period with overviews of the key questions, end-of-chapter summaries and diagrams that double up as handy revision aids
Democracy, Empire and War: Britain 1851-1964
This title explores political and social reform 1851-1914, the impact of both World Wars, the creation of the Welfare State and the transformational social changes of the 1950s and 1960s. It considers breadth issues of change, continuity, cause and consequence in this period through examining key questions on themes such as democracy, ideology, economy, society, Britain's' position in the world and the impact of key individuals.
- Identify your strengths and weaknesses quickly
- Concentrate your study time
- Increase your score with multiple choice strategies from exam experts
- Learn what you MUST do in the exam room
- Make a HESI A2 study plan and study schedule
Includes all 5 modules (some are optional depending on your school)
- Reading Comprehension
- Basic Science
- Anatomy and Physiology
- English Grammar
Extensive (hundreds of pages) review and tutorials on all topics
Please note that HESI is a registered trademark of the Health Education Systems Inc., which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, this product.
Practice Really Does Make Perfect!
The more questions you see, the more likely you are to pass the test. And between our study guide and practice tests, you’ll have over 400 practice questions that cover every category. You can fine-tune your knowledge in areas where you feel comfortable and be more efficient in improving your problem areas.
Our practice test questions have been developed by our dedicated team of experts. All the material in the study guide, including every practice question, are designed to engage your critical thinking skills needed to pass the test!
Heard it all before?
Maybe you have heard this kind of thing before, and don't feel you need it. Maybe you are not sure if you are going to buy this book.
Remember though, it only a few percentage points divide the PASS from the FAIL students!
Why not do everything you can to get the best score on the HESI A2?
Give your students the best chance of success with this tried and tested series, combining in-depth analysis, engaging narrative and accessibility. Access to History is the most popular, trusted and wide-ranging series for A-level History students.
- Supports the content and assessment requirements of the 2015 A-level History specifications
- Contains authoritative and engaging content
- Includes thought-provoking key debates that examine the opposing views and approaches of historians
- Provides exam-style questions and guidance for each relevant specification to help students understand how to apply what they have learnt
This title is suitable for a variety of courses including:
- Edexcel: Ireland and the Union c.1774-1923
- OCR: Britain and Ireland 1791-1921