Nora Gedgaudas is a board-certified nutritional consultant and a board-certified clinical neurofeedback specialist with over twenty years of clinical experience. An internationally recognized authority on ketogenic, ancestrally based nutrition, she is a popular speaker and educator and the author of the bestselling book, Primal Body, Primal Mind, as well as Rethinking Fatigue. Her newest book, Primal Fat Burner: Live Longer, Slow Aging, Super-Power Your Brain, and Save Your Life With A High Fat, Low-Carb Paleo Diet has been lauded by bestselling author and journalist Nina Teicholz as “a unique and profound contribution to the field.” Her new weekly educational program Primal Power 52 is a unique and invaluable source of information benefitting those interested in true self-empowerment, furthering their nutritional knowledge and optimizing their health. Learn more at Facebook.com/PrimalNora and on Twitter: @NoraGedgaudas.
The 30-Day Ketogenic Cleanse is a guidebook for healing the body from the inside out. Most people attempting a keto diet do it completely wrong. Maria Emmerich, on the other hand, bases this cleanse on a true, well-formulated ketogenic diet, helping readers reset their metabolism, regain health, lose weight, and tap into increased energy levels. This book includes:
• A detailed explanation of how sugar causes inflammation and leads to disease
• 30-day meal plans to kick-start ketosis, with corresponding shopping lists
• 30-day Whole30-compliant meal plans, with corresponding shopping lists
• A wide variety of amazing recipes, with suggestions for combining those recipes into delicious and satisfying ketogenic meals
• Easily accessible lists of approved keto foods and foods that hold people back from ketosis
• Tips on how to eat to balance hormones, sleep better, feel better, and lose weight while following a ketogenic diet
• Guidance for maintaining ketosis after a successful 30-day cleanse
• Recommendations for supplements to help heal from poor eating habits
• A bonus slow cooker chapter to help make life easier!
No one wants to overeat. And certainly no one wants to overeat for years, become overweight, and end up with a high risk of diabetes or heart disease--yet two thirds of Americans do precisely that. Even though we know better, we often eat too much. Why does our behavior betray our own intentions to be lean and healthy? The problem, argues obesity and neuroscience researcher Stephan J. Guyenet, is not necessarily a lack of willpower or an incorrect understanding of what to eat. Rather, our appetites and food choices are led astray by ancient, instinctive brain circuits that play by the rules of a survival game that no longer exists. And these circuits don’t care about how you look in a bathing suit next summer.
To make the case, The Hungry Brain takes readers on an eye-opening journey through cutting-edge neuroscience that has never before been available to a general audience. The Hungry Brain delivers profound insights into why the brain undermines our weight goals and transforms these insights into practical guidelines for eating well and staying slim. Along the way, it explores how the human brain works, revealing how this mysterious organ makes us who we are.
「諾拉．蓋久朱達斯從演化的角度切入，探討油脂對健康的好處，並引用令人信服的科學數據加以佐證。她徹底揭穿了過去大眾對飲食的迷思：高脂低碳水化合物的飲食有礙健康，低脂高碳水化合物的飲食才有益健康。同時，她也提供了想要轉變飲食型態的人（從不健康的高碳水化合物飲食改為以油脂為主的健康飲食），相關的方法和珍貴資源。」───湯瑪斯．西佛里德（Thomas N. Seyfried）博士∕美國波士頓大學生物學教授