* Windows 10's new features, menus and utilities
* Setting up your computer, downloading and upgrading to Windows 10
* Navigating around Windows 10 using file explorer, task view and the start menu
* Using the desktop and running applications
* Using Tablets
* Using Cortana virtual assistant and Microsoft Edge Web Browser
* Using OneDrive
* Backing up your important data with FileHistory
* Antivirus and internet safety
* Downloading & watching videos and watching DVDs
* Downloading & listening to music
* Staying in touch friends, family and colleagues using Mail, Calendar & Skype
* Maintaining Windows 10, scanning drives for errors and basic recovery procedures and more...
Clear instruction, and easy-to-follow tutorials with illustrated photographs, graphics and screen prints, guide you through the procedures every step of the way.
If you want to get up and running quickly and easily with the new Windows 10, this is the guide you need.
Windows 10 Tips, Tricks & Shortcuts in easy steps, 2nd Edition has been updated to cover the Windows 10 Anniversary Update (released August 2nd, 2016).
You will learn how to:Customize the interface to suit your needsBoost your PC’s performance with simple tweaksQuicken Startup and Shutdown timesSave time by keeping your files organizedKeep your hard drive leanQuickly repair Windows 10Give your PC a free tune-upKeep net browsing safe, private and efficientKeep tabs on other users’ activitiesGuard your PC against viruses and prying eyesUse a PC to build a home entertainment center
With keyboard shortcuts throughout to help you save time, this popular guide is a great investment for all Windows 10 users!
Whether you have just bought your first computer or laptop or are a keen computer user, this book will provide you with a firm grasp of the underpinning foundations and equip you with the skills needed to use a computer like an expert.
Teach yourself how to navigate and use the most radical redesign of Windows in Microsoft’s history.
With plenty of screen prints, photographs and illustrations, this guide exploresSetting up your computer Navigating around the windows 8.1 using the start screen Windows 8.1’s features, menus, charms and utilities Transferring your files from your old machine Using the desktop and running applications Backing up your important data with filehistory Antivirus and internet safety Downloading & watching videos Downloading & listening to music Staying in touch friends, family and colleagues using Mail, Calendar & People App Getting started with SkyDrive/OneDrive and SkyDrive Pro Storing, organising and manipulating your photos, putting them into albums or slideshows to show to friends or post on social media Maintaining Windows 8.1, optimizing drives, scanning drives for errors and basic recovery procedures and more...
Techniques are illustrated step by step using photography and screen prints throughout, together with concise, easy to follow text from an established expert in the field.
Whether you have just bought your first computer, laptop or are a keen computer user who has just upgraded to Windows 8.1, this book will provide you with a firm grasp of the underpinning foundations and equip you with the skills needed to use a computer like an expert.
• Want all the cool new cutting-edge features and interface Windows Vista offers? Well, before you run out and buy the software, you need to ensure your system will support it! We walk you through, step-by-step, how to manually check if your PC and other hardware and software are supported for use with Windows Vista. We show you how to perform common upgrade tasks, if needed, before you install Vista. In addition, we provide tips and procedures on backing up your data.
• Having to choose between five different versions (yes, Vista comes in FIVE flavors!) can be confusing! Don’t sweat it, though--we’ve got you covered. We show you how to decide which flavor of Vista is best suited to you! Then we walk you through installing and setting up Vista for the very first time.
• Next we dig into the new Vista interface, which is quite a change from the old XP! Then we give you a tour of the many new and enhanced features. While you might fancy yourself a wicked-smart Windows user, don’t skip this section! We’re positive you’ll find things you didn’t know that will help you make Vista do thy bidding.
• Don’t like the slick new Vista interface? (Macintosh, anyone?) We show you how to harness the power of Vista while keeping the look and feel of your XP. Who says change has to be painful?
• After you have the basics nailed, we then show you some of the cool things you can do with Vista, from customizing its performance, to disabling annoying security controls, to connecting to a wireless network.
If you want to spend less time figuring out Windows and more time getting things accomplished, you've come to the right place. Covering Windows 10 and packed with time-saving tips to help you get the most out of the software, Windows 10 At Work For Dummies offers everything you need to get back precious hours of your work day and make Windows work for you, rather than against you.
This full-color, all-encompassing guide breaks down the most common Windows tasks into easily digestible parts, providing you with illustrated, step-by-step instructions on everything you'll encounter in Windows 10. From setting up your desktop with your favorite apps to finding the files and applications you need—and everything in between—this hands-on, friendly guide takes the headache out of working with Windows. Provides over 300 tasks broken into core steps Provides easy-to-follow answers to all of your Windows questions Illustrates the new features of Windows 10 If you're a time-pressed professional looking to find answers to all of your Windows-related questions, this is the one-stop resource you'll turn to again and again.
In this book, you'll learn how to:
-Master the Start Screen.
-Get the most out of the Desktop.
-Use the power of File Explorer.
-Connect Windows 8.1 to networks.
-Create and eliminate user accounts.
-Store files securely in OneDrive.
-Install powerful apps from the Windows Store.
-Employ Task Manager to tame your PC.
-And many other tips.