This fun and friendly guide shows you how to navigate the G1’s android interface, make phone calls, view maps, manage contacts, browse the Web, and a whole lot more. Your T-Mobile G1 is so much more than a phone—it’s also an administrative assistant, movie theater, jukebox, mobile office, and several more things all rolled into one device. With T-Mobile G1 For Dummies, you can:
- Find out all about the Android smartphone operating system and what it offers
- Learn your way around the G1’s keyboard, buttons, and touch screen
- See how your G1 connects to both Wi-Fi networks and T-Mobile’s high-speed network
- Surf the Web, download music and picture files, and tweak browser settings
- Send and receive Gmail, get where you’re going with Google Maps, and stay organized with Google Calendar
- Take photos, check out YouTube, and fill your phone with media
- Manage your e-mail and choose which messages will be synced to your phone
- Shop the Android Market and discover more cool apps for your G1
Don’t waste a single cool feature of your T-Mobile G1! T-Mobile G1 For Dummies shows you how to use all the great Google functions, play (and even buy) music, browse the Web, add apps, and more.
Everything you need to know to make the most of Palm's newest smartphone
Smartphones provide all sorts of communication options as well as the ability to manage your appointments and contacts. If you're new to smartphones, Palm Pre For Dummies gets you up and running easily. If you're a bit more savvy, you can delve deeper into more advanced elements, such as Synergy contact management and working with media.
The Palm Pre offers features that make it a top contender in the smartphone market. Its webOS system is designed for a touchscreen-based graphical user interface that facilitates many exciting new features.
- Palm Pre is a new smartphone specifically engineered for a touchscreen device and loaded with features to maximize the user experience
- This book helps you take advantage of GPS navigation, games on your phone, and media management
- Begins with the basics: turning the phone on, making and receiving calls, and storing contacts
- Covers applications for managing personal information and how Palm Synergy helps manage your communications
- Shows you how to manage and synchronize e-mail accounts, use the calendar, take advantage of Web site resources, and install new webOS applications
Palm Pre For Dummies helps you take full advantage of this new feature-rich device.