Topics covered range broadly from parts of speech (nouns, verbs, adverbs, etc.) to grammatical topics (aspect, negation, passive voice, etc.) to special topics (terms of address, pronunciation, time, etc.).
This text is ideal for self-study and enables students at all levels to learn Taiwanese by building a solid foundation in grammar.
Taiwanese (also known as Hokkien, Fookien, Amoy, Southern Min, or Fukienese) along with its variants is spoken by over 40 million people worldwide and is a member of the Chinese language family.
Features of this text include:
• Easy-to-use reference guide with cross-referenced entries and a comprehensive index
• 1000+ example sentences using everyday vocabulary rendered in Taiwanese, Mandarin Chinese, and English
• Character script for Taiwanese in accordance with the official selection of Taiwanese Characters by the Taiwanese Ministry of Education (2007)
• Romanization provided for both Taiwanese (Pe̍h-ōe-jī) and Mandarin Chinese (Hànyǔ Pīnyīn)
• In-depth guide to pronunciation using English approximations and full explanations on rules for changing tones (tone sandhi)
Tags: Taiwanese, learn Taiwanese, learning Taiwanese, Taiwanese language, Taiwanese grammar, Hokkien, learning Hokkien, Amoy, Southern Min, Fukienese, Fookien, Min nan
Philip T. Lin currently resides in Taiwan and has a broad background in the areas of education, design, and finance. He is a graduate of Stanford University and additionally holds advanced degrees from Columbia University and the London School of Economics and Political Science.
With an extensive answer key at the back to enable students to check on their progress, main features include:exercises at various levels of challenge for a broad range of learners cross-referencing to the related Modern Mandarin Chinese Grammar a comprehensive index to exercises alphabetically arranged in terms of structures, functions, and key Chinese structure vocabulary.
This second edition also offers a revised and expanded selection of exercises including new task-based exercises.
Modern Mandarin Chinese Grammar Workbook is ideal for all learners of Mandarin Chinese, from beginner to intermediate and advanced students. It can be used both independently and alongside the Modern Mandarin Chinese Grammar (978-0-415-82714-0), which is also published by Routledge.
Start speaking Chinese in minutes, and learn key vocabulary, phrases, and grammar in just minutes more with Learn Chinese - Level 1: Introduction - a completely new way to learn Chinese with ease! Learn Chinese - Level 1: Introduction will arm you with language and cultural insight to utterly shock and amaze your Chinese friends and family, teachers, and colleagues.
What you get in Learn Chinese - Level 1: Introduction:
- 5 Basic Bootcamp lessons: dialog transcripts with translation, vocabulary, sample sentences and a grammar section
- 15 All About lessons: cultural insight and insider-only tips from our teachers in each lesson
- 5 Pronunciation lesson: tips and techniques on proper pronunciation
Discover or rediscover how fun learning a language can be with the future of language learning, and start speaking Chinese instantly!