An epic tale of magic and warriors, of flawed human beings overcoming adversity and personal demons to do what must be done.
· Eons ago magic users were unguided and undisciplined. There were those that applied magic intelligently, those that were unscrupulous, and worst of all, the amateurs. Magic ran rampant in the land. Those pure of heart came together to form a standard of discipline, they formed The Crystal into which the hearts, minds, and souls of hundreds, eventually thousands, gave their special talents.
· Those powerful from the beginning, corrupted by the black arts, coveted the power of The Crystal and would try again to posses it, their previous attempt thwarted. But that battle used powers beyond control and the effects were devastating. Crystal Warriors, scarred by that battle, were scattered throughout the land.
· But now the call goes out for their return, The Crystal is under attack, the need is urgent. Principal among those Crystal Warriors are Tarina, known as Awiel of the Dance, a beautiful veil dancer, Crystal Seeress, and wicked with a blade, far away in the southern lands.
· Rowan, former Captain, psychically scarred, hiding far away in a place where there is little magic, disguised as an old man selling firewood.
· Macon, a drunken sot who must pull himself together to become the powerful Crystal Warrior he once was.
· Naomi, Tarina's fierce warrior woman companion, speechless by choice until she finds the man who killed the Crystal Seeress mistress she was sworn to protect and brutalized her.
· They and many others are forever attuned to The Crystal and hear its call. They must heed the call and travel thousands of perilous miles to do battle with overwhelming forces. An epic tale of magic and warriors, but more importantly, of flawed human beings overcoming adversity and personal demons to do what must be done.
This epic fantasy will leave you wanting more. Don't miss it!
***** I love these characters! What makes this a fun read is the slightly flawed good guys, the babes with beauty, brains and brawn, and the magical characters Thisrena and Ith, the thnake that thpeaks with a lithp. Recommended reading. ·· J.D. King
**** This is a good story, full of magic and some very surprising characters and twists... Charming and mysterious characters, magical creatures, and not-so-perfect foes make this a fun read. ·· Patricia Hamill on Goodreads
**** I was intrigued with the story from the very beginning… R.L. Kiser has written chapter one so deftly to reel in readers’ curiosity to keep reading. Characterization is superb; both heroes and villains have flaws which also lead to humorous moments… the way the plot is developed is fresh, coupled with unpredictable and interesting twists. Kiser’s flawless writing style helps keep the plot tight throughout the story as well as maintain a good pacing. On the whole, a satisfying read and a great start for a series. ·· Lit Amri for Readers' Favorite
About the author
R.L. Kiser is the author of the Tales of the Crystal trilogy, The Prophecy of Tara (A Mystical Fantasy), the Educated Injun series, and Exile-A SciFi Adventure, which received a five star review and made the first cut in the 2013 Amazon Breakthrough Novel Awards.
Born in Idaho, raised in Arizona, grew up in Los Angeles he's a Vietnam Veteran, been a musician, a Hollywood taxi driver, a computer programmer, a single parent, and ran his own Internet marketing business. He holds an associate's degree in computer science.
He's currently hiding in Sparks, Nevada with three computers, three bicycles, a recumbent trike, and an '02 Mercedes SUV (no, that does not stand for Small Ugly Vehicle) from the ATF, CIA, DEA, DMV, DOD, DOT, IRS, ONI, VFW, and FBI, but the NSA knows where he is.
Born in Idaho, raised in Arizona, grew up in Los Angeles, he's a Vietnam Veteran, been a musician, a Hollywood taxi driver, a computer programmer, a single parent, and ran his own Internet marketing business. He holds an associate's degree in computer science. He currently resides in Sparks, Nevada with three computers, three bicycles, and a 12 year old SUV (no, that does not stand for Small Ugly Vehicle). He's currently hiding from the ATF, CIA, DEA, DMV, DOD, DOT, ICE, IRS, HLS, HUD, ONI, and FBI, but the NSA knows where he is.