The publishing world has changed! An explosion in printed books, E-books, and self-publishing has contributed to more new titles coming to market than ever before. With so much happening, how does a new author stand out from the crowd? Not to mention turn a profit.
In Think Like a Publisher: 33 Essential Tips to Write, Promote, and Sell Your Book, Randy Davila, President of Hampton Roads Publishing & Hierophant Publishing, explains the nuances of the publishing industry in plain English, and gives authors all the tools necessary to be successful in today’s rapidly changing publishing world.
Broken down into three easy to follow categories of Editorial, Marketing, and Business specific tips, Think Like a Publisher offers invaluable insight into how publishers think about manuscripts, marketing, and their partnership with the author.
You will also learn:
- What publishers (and readers!) look for in a manuscript
- The most common new author writing mistakes—and how to avoid them
- The makings of a great book title and cover
- The pros and cons of self-publishing vs. traditional publishing
- How to build your author platform and gain a following
- The ins and outs of the business side of publishing—contracts, royalties, agents, and more!