This extensive exploration of the application and use of stage makeup and makeup for a variety of performance venues covers all aspects in detail and contains over 400 photographs, drawings, and diagrams demonstrating step-by-step procedures. Thoroughly updated and revised, this classic text remains accurate and comprehensive, providing information from which all readers – whether students to the field or seasoned, professional makeup artists – will benefit.
New to this edition:
- Updated photography throughout.
- Features the latest information on products and techniques throughout.
- New additions to chapters concerning hairpieces and wigs: making a pattern for a beard and mustache, making a pattern for a wig, fronting a wig, or sending accurate information for rentals, and the basic roller set for wigs.
- The source Appendix has been totally updated with new vendors and the latest website addresses.
- The materials Appendix has had the most current products added.
- There are new, blank makeup charts for class work and designing makeups.
- There is a color guide for a two-part silicone life cast.
- The new color section featuring Academy Award nominee, Christien Tinsley, steps for the Tinsley Transfers for cuts, bruises and prosthetics. (As seen in the movie The Passion Of The Christ.)
- A selection of makeup in color with complete instructions.
- Color photos of Academy Award winner, Matthew Mungle, special effects makeup for the CSI television show.
- Instructions for a new “creating a likeness” of Queen Elizabeth I.
- The Film and Television chapter now includes information about working with the latest HD digital technology.
- The color section now includes a series of photos illustrating the effects of gel colors on natural makeup.