Effectively deploy fully managed workloads using Google Cloud's serverless servicesKey Features
- Use real-world use cases to understand the core functionalities of Functions as a Service
- Explore the potential of Cloud Run, Knative, Cloud Build, Google Kubernetes Engine, and Cloud Storage
- Get to grips with architectural decisions, seamless deployments, containerization, and serverless solutions
Google Cloud's serverless platform allows organizations to scale fully managed solutions without worrying about the underlying infrastructure. With this book, you will learn how to design, develop, and deploy full stack serverless apps on Google Cloud.
The book starts with a quick overview of the Google Cloud console, its features, user interface (UI), and capabilities. After getting to grips with the Google Cloud interface and its features, you will explore the core aspects of serverless products such as Cloud Run, Cloud Functions and App Engine. You will also learn essential features such as version control, containerization, and identity and access management with the help of real-world use cases. Later, you will understand how to incorporate continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) techniques for serverless applications. Toward the concluding chapters, you will get to grips with how key technologies such as Knative enable Cloud Run to be hosted on multiple platforms including Kubernetes and VMware.
By the end of this book, you will have become proficient in confidently developing, managing, and deploying containerized applications on Google Cloud.What you will learn
Who this book is for
- Explore the various options for deploying serverless workloads on Google Cloud
- Determine the appropriate serverless product for your application use case
- Integrate multiple lightweight functions to build scalable and resilient services
- Increase productivity through build process automation
- Understand how to secure serverless workloads using service accounts
- Build a scalable architecture with Google Cloud Functions and Cloud Run
If you are a cloud administrator, architect, or developer who wants to build scalable systems and deploy serverless workloads on Google Cloud, then this book is for you. To get the most out of this book, a basic understanding of the serverless ecosystem and cloud computing will be beneficial.