Most people would love to use Adobe Photoshop but find it somewhere between difficult and impossible to learn. If you’re one of them, this book can help you. Photoshop can be easy to learn by understanding a few essential tools and techniques.
You need to stop trying to remember how to use lots of complicated tools. Instead, focus your attention on learning the essentials that make Photoshop easy to use. Follow this book’s chapters, completing the exercises and you’ll soon be editing photos as though you’ve been using the software for years.
This book is carefully organised into a series of lessons, each exploring an essential editing tool or technique. As you progress, each new lesson builds on the previous one, helping minimise repetition, saving you time and making Photoshop easy. It also allows you to go in depth into the areas that are important.
You will learn about:
· The most important elements of the Photoshop interface as well as how to customise these to your needs.
· Using Adobe Camera RAW to convert RAW photo files into high-quality images.
· How layers form the backbone of Photoshop and how to use them to improve your editing.
· Retouching techniques to clean up dust spots, as well as more complex tasks like duplicating and moving objects in a photo.
· Correcting tone and colour in an image using the Levels and Curves tools. The power hidden in these simple tools will surprise you.
· How to convert your images to black and white as well as important techniques like Dodging and Burning.
· Creating and using layer masks to precisely target your adjustments on specific areas of an image.
· Sharpening your photos for professional results.
· A workflow you can use to consolidate all these tools and techniques into an easy to apply approach.
· And lots more.
Throughout the book there are many examples and exercises for you to follow. You can download the practice photos for these from my website, allowing you to follow along on your own computer. By the end of this book you will be confidently using Adobe Photoshop CC to edit your photos.
This is a comprehensive and concise guide to learning Adobe Photoshop CC. You don’t need to wade through hundreds of pages trying to understand how to edit a photo. It doesn’t matter if you are a complete novice or have some experience of Adobe Photoshop CC, this book could help improve your photo editing.
This book could be your best investment in learning Photoshop.
About the author
Robin Whalley is a Landscape Photographer with a passion for software, image editing and a skill for sharing knowledge. He has been honing his photography skills since 2000 starting first with film before moving quickly to digital. He now speaks at Camera Clubs and Photographic Societies throughout the UK where he likes to share his insights into how to create engaging photography.