Robin Whalley is a Landscape Photographer with a passion for photography, image editing and a skill for sharing his knowledge. Although his name may not be widely known, his work has been published and sold around the world. What makes Robin’s books special is their concise content and how easy they make learning new skills.
Quickly learn Affinity Photo image editing
Affinity Photo is the hot photo editing package from Serif. It can compete head on with the latest version of Photoshop. It’s also affordable, incredibly powerful and exceptionally flexible. But all this power and flexibility brings its own challenges.
Just like Photoshop, Affinity Photo can be confusing and tricky to learn. Even with a background in Photoshop image editing it’s likely you will miss a lot of its features. And unlike Photoshop you won’t have an endless choice of books to learn from. Which is where “Essential Affinity Photo” comes to the rescue.
In this comprehensive yet easy to follow book, Landscape Photographer Robin Whalley explains the core features of Affinity Photo Desktop. Written in his unique, easy to understand style, Robin explains logically the essential techniques you need to know to learn Affinity Photo. Follow this book and its examples and you will soon be editing images as though you have been using the software for years.
The book is arranged into a series of lessons that focus in on the essential image editing skills. Each lesson builds on the previous one, minimising repetition and saving you valuable time.
You will learn about:
- Different Affinity Photo Personas, what these do and how to navigate them.
- The Develop Persona, using it to convert a Raw photo file into a high-quality image.
- How layers form the backbone of the Photo Persona and how to use them to improve your editing.
- Different Adjustment layers, filters and live filters you can apply, to fine tune and improve your photography.
- How to convert your images to black and white as well as important techniques such as Dodging and Burning.
- Creating and using layer masks to precisely target your adjustments to specific areas of an image.
- Harnessing the power of the Export Persona.
- And lots more.
Throughout the book there are examples and exercises for you to follow. The author provides the images for these on his website, allowing you to follow along on your own computer.
You won’t need to wade through hundreds of pages to find answers. This is a comprehensive and concise guide to help you learn Affinity Photo. It doesn’t matter if you are a complete novice or have some experience of Affinity Photo, this book could help improve your Affinity Photo editing.
In this book, Tony Northrup (award-winning author of more than 30 how-to books and a professional portrait, wildlife, and landscape photographer) teaches the art and science of creating stunning pictures. First, beginner photographers will master:CompositionExposureShutter speedApertureDepth-of-field (blurring the background)ISONatural lightFlashTroubleshooting blurry, dark, and bad picturesPet photographyWildlife photography (mammals, birds, insects, fish, and more)Sunrises and sunsetsLandscapesCityscapesFlowersForests, waterfalls, and riversNight photographyFireworksRaw filesHDRMacro/close-up photography
Advanced photographers can skip forward to learn the pro’s secrets for:Posing men and women. including corrective posing (checklists provided)Portraits (candid, casual, formal, and underwater)Remotely triggering flashesUsing bounce flash and flash modifiersUsing studio lighting on any budgetBuilding a temporary or permanent studio at homeShooting your first weddingHigh speed photographyLocation scouting/finding the best spots and timesPlanning shoots around the sun and moonStar trails (via long exposure and image stacking)Light paintingEliminating noiseFocus stacking for infinite depth-of-fieldUnderwater photographyGetting close to wildlifeUsing electronic shutter triggersPhotographing moving carsPhotographing architecture and real estate
Fully revised & updated August 2018
Covers DxO and Google versions of Nik Silver Efex Pro 2
Nik Silver Efex Pro 2 quickly gained an enthusiastic following amongst photographers’ keen to produce dramatic black and white photography. Today, it still enjoys a strong following and for good reason. It helps you to quickly produce photographs that could take many hours using other photo editors. Despite this, a lot of photographers still don’t realise the full potential of their work.
The secret to success with Nik Silver Efex Pro is like most things in life. It’s knowing what to do to achieve a desired outcome. This is where this book can help you.
· It thoroughly explains every control in the Silver Efex software. Not by using vague descriptions, but by examining the effect of the controls on sample images.
· You will find recommendations about which sliders to use to achieve specific results.
· There are tips spread throughout the book explaining how to accomplish dramatic conversions as well as improve your photo editing.
· It explains the order in which you should apply adjustments to your image to improve conversions (it’s not the order in the interface suggests).
· There are ideas about how to pre-process your photos before converting them black and white.
· It contains four full length examples detailing image conversions with Nik Silver Efex Pro 2.
To support the worked examples in this book, you can download the starting images from the authors website and follow his editing on your own computer.
Truly master Nik Silver Efex Pro with the help of this book.
Tony goes beyond teaching you how to use Lightroom. Tony shows you why and when to use each feature to create stunning, natural photos. When Lightroom isn t the best tool, Tony suggests better alternatives.
Combining the benefits of video training and book learning, this video book gives you over 14 hours of video and dozens of free presets and raw images to practice with. If you learn better with video, watch the video training and refer to the book for quick reference. If you prefer reading, the book is concise and practical, and each chapter links to relevant videos when you want to understand a topic more deeply or see it used in the real world.
Tony covers every aspect of Lightroom in-depth, but structures his teaching so that both beginner and advanced photographers can learn as efficiently as possible. If you just want a quick start, you can watch the first video or read the first chapter and you'll be organizing and editing your pictures in less than an hour. If you want to know more about a specific feature, switch to that video or jump to that chapter in the ebook. If you want to know everything about Lightroom, watch the videos and read the book from start to finish.
Most people would love to use Adobe Photoshop but find it somewhere between difficult and impossible to learn. If you’re one of them, this book can help you. Photoshop can be easy to learn by understanding a few essential tools and techniques.
You need to stop trying to remember how to use lots of complicated tools. Instead, focus your attention on learning the essentials that make Photoshop easy to use. Follow this book’s chapters, completing the exercises and you’ll soon be editing photos as though you’ve been using the software for years.
This book is carefully organised into a series of lessons, each exploring an essential editing tool or technique. As you progress, each new lesson builds on the previous one, helping minimise repetition, saving you time and making Photoshop easy. It also allows you to go in depth into the areas that are important.
You will learn about:
· The most important elements of the Photoshop interface as well as how to customise these to your needs.
· Using Adobe Camera RAW to convert RAW photo files into high-quality images.
· How layers form the backbone of Photoshop and how to use them to improve your editing.
· Retouching techniques to clean up dust spots, as well as more complex tasks like duplicating and moving objects in a photo.
· Correcting tone and colour in an image using the Levels and Curves tools. The power hidden in these simple tools will surprise you.
· How to convert your images to black and white as well as important techniques like Dodging and Burning.
· Creating and using layer masks to precisely target your adjustments on specific areas of an image.
· Sharpening your photos for professional results.
· A workflow you can use to consolidate all these tools and techniques into an easy to apply approach.
· And lots more.
Throughout the book there are many examples and exercises for you to follow. You can download the practice photos for these from my website, allowing you to follow along on your own computer. By the end of this book you will be confidently using Adobe Photoshop CC to edit your photos.
This is a comprehensive and concise guide to learning Adobe Photoshop CC. You don’t need to wade through hundreds of pages trying to understand how to edit a photo. It doesn’t matter if you are a complete novice or have some experience of Adobe Photoshop CC, this book could help improve your photo editing.
This book could be your best investment in learning Photoshop.