In Agile Product Management with Scrum, leading Scrum consultant Roman Pichler uses real-world examples to demonstrate how product owners can create successful products with Scrum. He describes a broad range of agile product management practices, including making agile product discovery work, taking advantage of emergent requirements, creating the minimal marketable product, leveraging early customer feedback, and working closely with the development team.
Benefitting from Pichler’s extensive experience, you’ll learn how Scrum product ownership differs from traditional product management and how to avoid and overcome the common challenges that Scrum product owners face.
- Understanding the product owner’s role: what product owners do, how they do it, and the surprising implications
- Envisioning the product: creating a compelling product vision to galvanize and guide the team and stakeholders
- Grooming the product backlog: managing the product backlog effectively even for the most complex products
- Planning the release: bringing clarity to scheduling, budgeting, and functionality decisions
- Collaborating in sprint meetings: understanding the product owner’s role in sprint meetings, including the dos and don’ts
- Transitioning into product ownership: succeeding as a product owner and establishing the role in the enterprise
This book is an indispensable resource for anyone who works as a product owner, or expects to do so, as well as executives and coaches interested in establishing agile product management.
About the author
Roman Pichler is a leading Scrum and agile product management expert. He has a long track record in teaching and coaching product owners and in helping companies apply effective product management practices. In addition to this book, he is the bestselling author of Scrum–Agiles Projektmanagement erfolgreich einsetzen (Scrum–Applying Agile Project Management Successfully) (dpunkt.verlag, 2008). As a Certified Scrum Trainer, he led the Scrum Alliance effort to develop a curriculum for the Certified Scrum Product Owner training. Find out more at romanpichler.com.