* the most complete collection possible due to US copyright restrictions
* annotated with concise introductions to the novels and other works
* illustrated with images of how the novels first appeared, giving your eReader a taste of the original texts
* ALL the novels and each with their own contents table
* THE JUNGLE BOOK and other popular collections are fully illustrated
* all of the short stories, with excellent formatting, and contents tables
* rare short story collections like ABAFT THE FUNNEL – first time in digital print
* includes all of Kipling’s non-fiction war writings – spend hours exploring Kipling’s studies of World War I – many available in no other collection
* EVEN includes Kipling’s poetry with special contents table – find that special poem quickly!
* the rare history textbook Kipling contributed to for schools
* the fully illustrated war text THE GRAVES OF THE FALLEN which Kipling was commissioned to write by the British Government
* packed full of images relating to Kipling’s life, works, places and film adaptations
* scholarly ordering of texts into chronological order and literary genres, allowing easy navigation around Kipling’s immense oeuvre
* UPDATED with improved KIM text and formatting
Please visit www.delphiclassics.com to see a full list and browse our other titles
THE LIGHT THAT FAILED
THE NAULAHKA, A STORY OF WEST AND EAST
The Shorter Fiction
THE CITY OF DREADFUL NIGHT
PLAIN TALES FROM THE HILLS
SOLDIERS THREE AND OTHER STORIES
UNDER THE DEODARS
THE PHANTOM RICKSHAW AND OTHER EERIE TALES
WEE WILLIE WINKIE AND OTHER CHILD STORIES
THE JUNGLE BOOK
THE SECOND JUNGLE BOOK
THE DAY'S WORK
STALKY & CO.
JUST SO STORIES FOR LITTLE CHILDREN
TRAFFICS AND DISCOVERIES
PUCK OF POOK'S HILL
ACTIONS AND REACTIONS
ABAFT THE FUNNEL
REWARDS AND FAIRIES
A DIVERSITY OF CREATURES
The Short Stories
CHRONOLOGICAL LIST OF SHORT STORIES
ALPHABETICAL LIST OF SHORT STORIES
The Travel Writing
FROM SEA TO SEA – LETTERS OF TRAVEL: 1887-1889
LETTERS OF TRAVEL: 1892-1913
SOUVENIRS OF FRANCE
LIST OF THE COMPLETE POETRY
A FLEET IN BEING
A HISTORY OF ENGLAND
THE NEW ARMY IN TRAINING
FRANCE AT WAR
THE FRINGES OF THE FLEET
THE WAR IN THE MOUNTAINS
THE GRAVES OF THE FALLEN
THE IRISH GUARDS IN THE GREAT WAR
THE EYES OF ASIA
HOW SHAKSPERE CAME TO WRITE THE ‘TEMPEST’
* * * *
Visit www.delphiclassics.com for more information and our other Great Writers Works!
Have you ever enquired why the elephant has such an enormously elongated nose? Are you confused by a cat's contrary nature? Have you ruminated on the wrinkles of a rhinocerous? Or speculated on a leopard's spots? Rudyard Kipling wondered about all these things too, and in this marvellous collection of stories he imagines how the animals became 'just so'.
Includes exclusive material: In the Backstory you can find out why Just So Stories is one of Philip Pullman’s favourite books and discover wacky facts about wild animals!
Vintage Children’s Classics is a twenty-first century classics list aimed at 8-12 year olds and the adults in their lives. Discover timeless favourites from The Jungle Book and Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland to modern classics such as The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas and The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time.
How did the leopard get its spots? Why do the tides ebb and flow? How did the elephant get its trunk? And how was the alphabet made?
Rudyard Kipling’s classic collection of fables answers the great questions of animal- and humankind in a fun, eloquent and magical way – for children and adults alike. Kipling’s beautifully imaginative answers echo the animal fables he heard during his childhood in India, paired with the folk tales he collected throughout his life.
Kipling’s enjoyment in playing with language, as well as his own delight in fatherhood, makes these stories a joy to read aloud, and children will request these tales as bedtime stories again and again. However, adults will also revel in Kipling’s fanciful storytelling and gift for language, as every reading uncovers a new joke, subtext or fascinating embellishment. From the author of ‘The Jungle Book’ and ‘Kim’, ‘Just So Stories’ is the newest addition to the available canon of Kipling’s work available in the handy format of Collins Classics!