FREE video training included!
As writers, we all know what an incredible tool dictation software can be. It enables us to write faster and avoid the dangers of RSI and a sedentary lifestyle. But many of us give up on dictating when we find we can't get the accuracy we need to be truly productive.
This book changes all of that. With almost two decades of using Dragon software under his belt and a wealth of insider knowledge from within the dictation industry, Scott Baker will reveal how to supercharge your writing and achieve sky-high recognition accuracy from the moment you start using the software. You will learn:
- Hidden tricks to use when installing Dragon NaturallySpeaking on a Windows PC or Dragon Dictate for Mac;
- How to choose the right microphone and set it up perfectly for speech recognition;
- The little-known techniques that will ensure around 99% accuracy from your first install – and how to make this even better over time;
- Setting up fail-safe dictation profiles with multiple microphones and voice recorders, without impacting your accuracy;
- How to train the software to adapt to both your voice AND writing style and avoid your accuracy declining;
- Strategies for achieving your entire daily word count in just one or two hours;
- Many more tips and tricks you won't find anywhere else.
At the end of the book, you'll also find an exclusive list of resources and links to FREE video training to take your knowledge even further.
It's time to write at the speed of speech – and transform your writing workflow forever!
Subject keywords: Dragon Dictate Naturally Speaking for PC Mac, dictating your book or novel, dictation for writers authors beginners advanced, creative writing guides, self publishing
Scott Baker has written dozens of books under various pen names and spent most of the last decade working as a freelance writer for numerous publications in the UK. He first began dabbling with Dragon voice recognition software in the late 1990s when it was, quite frankly, terrible. Things have improved dramatically since then and Scott now uses dictation on a daily basis, taking advantage of the tricks and techniques used by professionals within the speech recognition industry to write thousands of words per hour.
He lives in the North of England with his wife, two sons and a tank full of tropical fish.