FREE video training included!
As writers, we all know what an incredible tool dictation software can be. It enables us to write faster and avoid the dangers of RSI and a sedentary lifestyle. But many of us give up on dictating when we find we can't get the accuracy we need to be truly productive.
This book changes all of that. With almost two decades of using Dragon software under his belt and a wealth of insider knowledge from within the dictation industry, Scott Baker will reveal how to supercharge your writing and achieve sky-high recognition accuracy from the moment you start using the software. You will learn:
- Hidden tricks to use when installing Dragon NaturallySpeaking on a Windows PC or Dragon Dictate for Mac;
- How to choose the right microphone and set it up perfectly for speech recognition;
- The little-known techniques that will ensure around 99% accuracy from your first install – and how to make this even better over time;
- Setting up fail-safe dictation profiles with multiple microphones and voice recorders, without impacting your accuracy;
- How to train the software to adapt to both your voice AND writing style and avoid your accuracy declining;
- Strategies for achieving your entire daily word count in just one or two hours;
- Many more tips and tricks you won't find anywhere else.
At the end of the book, you'll also find an exclusive list of resources and links to FREE video training to take your knowledge even further.
It's time to write at the speed of speech – and transform your writing workflow forever!
Subject keywords: Dragon Dictate Naturally Speaking for PC Mac, dictating your book or novel, dictation for writers authors beginners advanced, creative writing guides, self publishing
Scott Baker has written dozens of books under various pen names and spent most of the last decade working as a freelance writer for numerous publications in the UK. He first began dabbling with Dragon voice recognition software in the late 1990s when it was, quite frankly, terrible. Things have improved dramatically since then and Scott now uses dictation on a daily basis, taking advantage of the tricks and techniques used by professionals within the speech recognition industry to write thousands of words per hour.
He lives in the North of England with his wife, two sons and a tank full of tropical fish.
From the author of "The Writer's Guide to Training Your Dragon", this mini-guide will help you choose the right microphone, transcribe on-the-go with Dragon and put you on the path to sky-high word counts. You will also learn little-known tricks, such as:
- Dictating into programs Dragon doesn't support - such as Scrivener;
- Preventing a crash from taking your dictated text with it;
- Creating a "Quiet Profile" for when you need to dictate without disturbing others;
- Using the same profile on multiple computers - and keeping it updated;
- Running your desktop Dragon app on an iPad or Android tablet - anywhere, anytime.
Designed to get you up-and-running with this powerful software in no time, "Quick Cheats for Writing with Dragon" may make you want to never look at a keyboard again!
The War of Art identifies the enemy that every one of us must face,
outlines a battle plan to conquer this internal foe, then pinpoints just
how to achieve the greatest success.
The War of Art emphasizes the resolve needed to recognize and
overcome the obstacles of ambition and then effectively shows how to
reach the highest level of creative discipline.
Think of it as tough love . . . for yourself.
Cops are the people who see and hear it all. They work at one of the world's most dangerous jobs, but it's also one of the most entertaining. When their lives are at risk-and even when they aren't--cops encounter constant weirdness and stupidity in human behavior. The Funniest Cop Stories Ever collects the strangest, most amusing stories about stupid crooks, bungled crimes, and station-house banter. A true look at what life is like behind the badge, the tales in The Funniest Cop Stories Ever were collected by real-life ex-New York City policeman Scott Baker and coauthor Tom Philbin. Anecdotes are told by the real-life cops who experienced them and include:
* A foot chase after a dwarf who karate-kicked his girlfriend's door and assaulted her while wearing a tuxedo and carrying a violin case.
* A beggar who ended people's pay phone calls so he could demand their extra spare change.
* A narcotics bust on a guy who claimed the crack cocaine--and his pants--didn't belong to him.
For Mike Robson, the situation could be far worse. He’s joined up with a small band of humans and the last coven of vampires who are riding out the zombie apocalypse in an old fort along the coast of southern Maine. The group’s uneasy alliance is strained by the arrival of the creator of the Revenant Virus. He claims there is a vaccine that will make them immune to the virus, but it’s located in a secure underground facility five hundred miles away. To retrieve the vaccine, Robson leads a raiding party of humans and vampires down the devastated East Coast. Yet none of the horrors Robson has faced match what awaits in the underground facility…