Our quirky Frontier Town (Nakhon Phanom) is the perfect place to use as a base for adventure, research, exploration, chill-out and more:
* The most spectacular river-caves in the world are across the Mekong in Laos
* Ancient stone walls (equal to those in Angkor Wat) can be found meandering the Mekong
* Relics of the Buddha are enshrined in many of the Khmer-style temples throughout the region
* The Rua-Fai-Festival to honour the Naga-spirit is awesome, and the means for making these candle-lit boats remains unchanged for centuries
* Chill-out could be a day (or days) wandering among Mom & Pop restaurants providing deliciously healthy food, in unforgettable ambiance -- and the modest costs will also surprise you
* Beautiful pictures to enhance each subject.
This part of Thailand, Isaan, remains remote. The formidable power of iPads/eReaders harness the technology, and Frontier Towns provides the information, so that visitors can enjoy unique and unforgettable days in Frontier Towns on the Mekong.