The practical approaches for designing better UX cover mobile apps, adaptive systems, and multi-screen experiences. The eBook is packed with in-depth tips and tricks shared by experts from the industry. They consider the importance of straightforward yet personal microcopy, explore the strengths and weaknesses of infinite scrolling, and take a look at how well-crafted feedback loops can influence a user's behavior.
Once we decide to create a well-balanced experience, all of the covered aspects in this eBook have to be thoroughly considered, i.e. when is the user experience fostered and when is it curbed? If you've been looking for a valuable resource for your daily UX routine, you can now stop searching.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- When You Shouldn't Use Fitt's Law To Measure User Experience
- Five Ways To Prevent Bad Microcopy
- Infinite Scrolling: Let's Get To The Bottom Of This
- Designing Great Feedback Loops
- Sketching For Better Mobile Experiences
- Converting Our Stories Into Multi-Screen Experiences
- Creating An Adaptive System To Enhance UX
Is empathy possibly the best guarantor for great UX? Overcoming traditional patterns and designing with a new type of user in mind is among the many topics of this eBook.
Of course, you can also get your hands on some future scenarios. The Smashing authors dare to sneak a peak at some new challenges that we could face with the rise of innovative technologies such as Google Glass and Leap Motion, and explore how we can embrace entirely gesture-driven interfaces today. This eBook is a springboard for developing a new perspective and for creating future-proof user experiences.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Thirteen Tenets Of User Experience Design
- Improving Your Website Usability Test
- Designing For The Multifaceted User
- 50 Design Problems In 50 Days: Real Empathy For Innovation
- Beyond The Button: Embracing The Gesture-Driven Interface
- What Leap Motion And Google Glass Mean For Future User Experience
In this eBook, we’ve compiled an entire selection of front-end and server-side techniques that will help you tackle such bottlenecks. Find out how to speed up existing websites, build high-performance sites (for both mobile and desktop), and prepare them for heavy-load situations. Furthermore, you’ll learn more about how performance improvements and a 97–99 Google PageSpeed score were achieved on Smashing Magazine, as well as how optimization strategies can enhance real-life projects by taking a closer look at Pinterest’s paint performance case study. With the help of this eBook, you’ll notice that it’s high time to dig deeper into your own site and examine it closely. Why don’t you polish it up and make it even better than it already is!
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
- Improving Smashing Magazine’s Performance: A Case Study
- How To Speed Up Your WordPress Website
- You May Be Losing Users If Responsive Web Design Is Your Only Mobile Strategy
- How To Make Your Websites Faster On Mobile Devices
- Creating High-Performance Mobile Websites
- Don’t Get Crushed By The Load: Optimization Techniques And Strategies
- Speed Up Your Mobile Website With Varnish
- Cache Invalidation Strategies With Varnish Cache
- Gone In 60 Frames Per Second: A Pinterest Paint Performance Case Study