If you are thinking of freelancing or are close to surrendering to your workload, then this eBook (eBook#2) will be a treasure chest for you. Realizing that you have made the same mistakes as many before you can be a relief. Read up on how to pitch like a pro and handle your finances properly. Get precious tips on a key issue in freelancing: communication with clients and partners. Compelling marketing strategies will brighten your future, win contracts and make your business profitable.
This eBook proves that the hand picked content within, culled from the past two years on Smashing Magazine, makes even more sense when put into context. It has been worth a pot of gold to all those who have already read it. So, make your freelance business successful with minimal investment!
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Basic Skill Of Freelance Web Designers
- Communication with Clients & Partners
- Marketing - Convincing Strategies For Freelancers
- Contracts & Pricing
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 10 Harsh Truths About Corporate Websites
- Portfolio Design Study: Design Patterns And Current Practices
- Creating A Successful Online Portfolio
- Better User Experience With Storytelling
- Designing User Interfaces For Business Web Applications
- Progressive Enhancement And Standards Do Not Limit Web Design
- Color Theory For Designers, Part 1: The Meaning Of Color
- Is John The Client Dense Or Are You Failing Him?
- How To Identify And Deal With Different Types Of Clients
- How To Respond Effectively To Design Criticism
- Web Designer’s Guide To Professional Networking
- Group Interview: Expert Advice For Students and Young Web Designers
In this eBook (eBook 5) you will be studying the universal principles for successful e-commerce websites, which include improving your checkout process and making your product displays more attractive. In reality, optimizing your conversion rates takes little effort. Find out how to resolve small usability issues to immense effect. Are you familiar with A/B and multivariate testing? Use them to figure out how customers respond to minimal changes in design, content structure and check-out convenience. Customers decide whether to stay on a page in just a few (milli)seconds, so you better make them count.
Only outstanding articles have made it into the book, according to Smashing Magazines high quality standards. Our authors are professionals, and their careful research figures largely in the book. Take the advice of experts who know exactly what they are writing about.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Getting Started With ECommerce
- 5 Universal Principles For Successful ECommerce Sites
- 12 Tips for Designing an Excellent Checkout Process
- How to Engage Customers in Your ECommerce Website
- Principles of Effective Search in ECommerce Design
- 15 Common Mistakes in ECommerce Design
- E-Commerce: Fundamentals of a Successful Re Design
- Improve Your ECommerce Design With Brilliant Product Photos
- How To Use Photos To Sell More Online
- Design To Sell: 8 Useful Tips To Help Your Website Convert
- 7 More Useful Tips To Help Your Site Convert
- Optimizing Conversion Rates: Less Effort, More Customers
- Optimizing Conversion Rates: Its All About Usability
- Use Conversions To Generate More Conversions
- The Ultimate Guide To A/B Testing
- Multivariate Testing: 5 Simple Steps to Increase Conversion Rates
The ability to communicate in a structured and understandable way is essential for supporting decision-making in a company. Presentations are the standard communication tool for this. But one party always has to do the work: either the presenter or the addressee. We explain, writing as fellow practitioners, how to structure complex problems for communication in a logical way and formulate messages that are self-explanatory.
Professional communication is based on three elements: suitable content, clear structure and precise graphic design. In this book we outline an eight-step process that focuses on structure as the fundamental link between content and design. Using a fictional case study that highlights our method, we show how to structure topics so that you can get to grips with even the most complex problems.
Law of Attraction Principles
in Your Career Search
If you’re looking at Landing Your Dream Job, this book is for YOU! As a top professional recruiter, Betty gives “insider information” on how to accelerate your process–how to plan, prepare and execute your search.
~ Anthony Rudolf, Sales & Marketing Executive (NJ)
This book is a powerful tool... it brings timely information in these economic times. It is laser-focused and written with great professional insight, along with a little humor to make it interesting. Betty is a consummate professional and one who is passionate about both her candidates and clients. I strongly recommend this information to anyone serious about making the right move in their career.
~ Carl Davidson, President, Davidson Consulting Group LLC
Betty Motsenbocker is transforming the world of career management–one chapter at a time. By looking outside of the box, Betty’s work incorporates cutting edge principles. I have benefited from her guidance over the years and recommend you take the next step to realizing your dreams.
~ Sara Liftman, Sr. Market Strategist & Risk Consultant (OH)
“Betty Motsenbocker has placed hundreds of people in jobs—because of what she enabled them to do with their resumes and their interviewing skills. This book is the resource that you need to get the job you want and deserve. It offers more than any treatise published on this subject, past or present.’’
Chairman Emeritus, Management Recruiters International
“Even if you are not contemplating a current career change, this book will assist you in knowing yourself, surfacing your professional passions, and increasing your confidence. If you are a hiring manager this book is an excellent resource to help you improve your hiring process to narrow your search for the best, most prepared candidates who will contribute to your success. I’ve known Betty for many years. As a candidate I have personally benefitted from her wisdom, exacting preparation drills, and guidance. I am thrilled that she is making this wisdom available to everyone.”
—Christina Hirsch, Sales Executive (CA)
“I recommend this book to anyone that is serious about their professional future: Betty’s on-target complete guide will help you get that job you never dreamt possible—that it is within your reach. She teaches you that building trust with her candidates and clients has helped her get the answers to questions most recruiters don’t have. Betty helped me prepare far beyond the basic 10-question list by understanding Behavioral Questions that may be asked as well as making sure I was a cultural fit. Her follow-through throughout the process is 2nd to none throughout the whole interview process; it is a skill that Betty has turned into an art form.”
—Tomas Lepp, Strategic Sales Director (FL)
Dive into a typical manufacturing scenario including master data requirements, integrated planning, month-end processes, and reporting. By using practical examples, tips, and screenshots, the author brings readers quickly up to speed on the fundamentals of SAP Cost Center Accounting.
- Overview of cost center accounting in SAP
- Flow of actual values into cost center accounting
- Cost center planning in SAP ECC 6.0 and SAP S/4HANA
- Most important standard reporting options in SAP CCA
Important Notice: Media content referenced within the product description or the product text may not be available in the ebook version.