Is empathy possibly the best guarantor for great UX? Overcoming traditional patterns and designing with a new type of user in mind is among the many topics of this eBook.
Of course, you can also get your hands on some future scenarios. The Smashing authors dare to sneak a peak at some new challenges that we could face with the rise of innovative technologies such as Google Glass and Leap Motion, and explore how we can embrace entirely gesture-driven interfaces today. This eBook is a springboard for developing a new perspective and for creating future-proof user experiences.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Thirteen Tenets Of User Experience Design
- Improving Your Website Usability Test
- Designing For The Multifaceted User
- 50 Design Problems In 50 Days: Real Empathy For Innovation
- Beyond The Button: Embracing The Gesture-Driven Interface
- What Leap Motion And Google Glass Mean For Future User Experience
To get you started, we’ll consider various research methods and techniques, but we will also tackle the more practical aspects (and difficulties) which face-to-face research brings along. Learning to identify potential research partners and finding the right questions to ask during an interview thus is part of this eBook — as well as presenting your findings und using them to iterate on your products’ designs. If you feel that you and your team make a lot of decisions based on assumptions, then this eBook is your jump start into a more user-centered design process. Find the techniques that fit into your workflow and start to discover the actual problems — and unmet needs — of potential users firsthand.
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
- A Five-Step Process For Conducting User Research
- A Closer Look At Personas: What They Are And How They Work
- A Closer Look At Personas: A Guide To Developing The Right Ones
- All You Need To Know About Customer Journey Mapping
- Facing Your Fears: Approaching People For Research
- Considerations When Conducting User Research In Other Countries: A Brazilian Case Study
- How To Run User Tests At A Conference
After taking a look at the current state of HTML email design, you'll get to grips with optimizing email for mobile, and learn to build your own modular email construction kit that you can draw on to cater for best results on desktop, web and mobile clients. We'll also explore handy tips to raise your email above inbox noise — with a friendly tone and engaging content (no dirty tricks here!) — and consider missteps that you should better avoid. Building HTML emails certainly does require some fiddling around, but it's defintely worth it. So, are you ready to take on the challenge?
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
• What 22 Billion Email Newsletters Tell Us About Designing For Email
• From Monitor To Mobile: Optimizing Email Newsletters With CSS
• Improve Your Email Workflow With Modular Design
• Size Matters: Balancing Line Length And Font Size In Responsive Web Design
• How To Raise Your Email Above Inbox Noise
• Designing The Words: Why Copy Is A Design Issue
• How To Use Email To Alienate Your Users
• Email Marketing For Mobile App Creators
• How To Create A Self-Paced Email Course
The key to successful projects and products are the people behind them. Have you ever found yourself wondering how these thinkers and creators of the Web actually work, and how they tackle their projects? Where do they seek inspiration, and what are the lessons they have learned in the course of their careers? With the help of this eBook, we want to focus on the people behind the names for a change. After all, what could be more insightful than giving them a chance to share their stories?
In this eBook, we’ve compiled an entire selection of front-end and server-side techniques that will help you tackle such bottlenecks. Find out how to speed up existing websites, build high-performance sites (for both mobile and desktop), and prepare them for heavy-load situations. Furthermore, you’ll learn more about how performance improvements and a 97–99 Google PageSpeed score were achieved on Smashing Magazine, as well as how optimization strategies can enhance real-life projects by taking a closer look at Pinterest’s paint performance case study. With the help of this eBook, you’ll notice that it’s high time to dig deeper into your own site and examine it closely. Why don’t you polish it up and make it even better than it already is!
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
- Improving Smashing Magazine’s Performance: A Case Study
- How To Speed Up Your WordPress Website
- You May Be Losing Users If Responsive Web Design Is Your Only Mobile Strategy
- How To Make Your Websites Faster On Mobile Devices
- Creating High-Performance Mobile Websites
- Don’t Get Crushed By The Load: Optimization Techniques And Strategies
- Speed Up Your Mobile Website With Varnish
- Cache Invalidation Strategies With Varnish Cache
- Gone In 60 Frames Per Second: A Pinterest Paint Performance Case Study