"Taming CSS Complexity" is a collection of 11 CSS-packed chapters that are all about performance- and developer-friendly coding. In order to achieve a well-rounded coding experience, the Smashing Magazine authors have explored the complexity of CSS from different perspectives, balancing rather specific hands-on tips and more general coding best practices.
Among other hot topics, this eBook covers how to design layouts with Flexbox, Atomic Design with Sass, and takes a look at the most common CSS issues. Experimental techniques such as the "Clown Car Technique" provide innovative approaches to new challenges, and an insight into the BEM methodology helps to improve the overall quality of front-end code. To simplify your daily coding routine, valuable tricks on how to structure and style your code have also been included in this eBook.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Semantic CSS With Intelligent Selectors
- Absolute Horizontal And Vertical Centering In CSS
- How To Benefit From CSS Generated Content
- The Problem Of CSS Form Elements
- Clown Car Technique: Solving Adaptive Images In Responsive Web Design
- The "Other" Interface: Atomic Design With Sass
- Simple Responsive Images With CSS Background Images
- Designing CSS Layouts With Flexbox Is As Easy As Pie
- The Evolution Of The BEM Methodology
- Using White Space For Readability In HTML And CSS
- Why Coding Style Matters