The Good Content strategy accomplishes those goals by dividing content into 3 familiar funnels:
- Top: Here your content serves the reader’s needs, helps them, entertains them, and does so with little or no branding. This stage earns their respect and builds their trust.
- Middle: Interested readers dig deeper to discover more. This content engages them by writing from their prospective and the benefits they receive from you and your business.
- Post: After the reader converts to a paying customer, you serve them personalized content that enriches their experience and grows the relationship.
Along the way, you maximize content potential by studying metrics and data at every step.
This Strategy Is Not for Everyone
- Good Content requires candor; some find it difficult to write truthfully
- Good Content requires you respect and acknowledge your competitors; not all feel able or ready to do so
- Good Content demands that you support your decisions with data; some find the idea of analytics, keyword research, and funnel optimizations daunting
But if you’re more than prepared to handle those requirements, read on.
Inside The Book
- A top-to-bottom content strategy that builds trust, leads, and respect
- 3 exercises to help you generate content ideas at every stage
- High-level writing tips to keep your content engaging and honest
- Brief introductions to Google Analytics, Search Engine Optimization, Content Management Systems, Keyword Research, and more
- An overview of off-site and on-site metrics that help you measure your content’s performance
- Index of necessary tools and skills required to implement the strategy
- A thorough glossary of definitions
- Bonus: an exclusive PDF print-out for readers
Not Inside The Book
Step-by-step tutorials for Google Analytics, WordPress, Search Console, or any other tool—this is a high-level text about content and content strategies.
What People Are Saying About Good Content
“A thoroughly entertaining guide to content marketing”
- F. Alexander
“Great read, perfect for those getting started and for those that have lost their way”
- F. Idesis (that’s my little brother—technically, he’s people)
“[A] very helpful introduction to content marketing […] I walked away with an expanded view on what it means to market yourself in a virtual, shameless world.”
- M. Dynkin
Stanley began as a mobile developer, but tossed tech aside to pursue the arts. He returned to technology with a renewed passion and a diverse skill-set that enables him to create incredible, data-driven content for teams of all sizes.
When Stanley isn’t busy crafting content or chasing down keywords, he likes to ride his bike, play with his puppy Beau, load up a classic film, hit the gym, or get way too excited about cuddling up with his lover and watching Dancing With The Stars.
Sequins, give him all the sequins…
In his 2009 international bestseller Crush It, Gary insisted that a vibrant personal brand was crucial to entrepreneurial success, In Crushing It!, Gary explains why that’s even more true today, offering his unique perspective on what has changed and what principles remain timeless. He also shares stories from other entrepreneurs who have grown wealthier—and not just financially—than they ever imagined possible by following Crush It principles. The secret to their success (and Gary’s) has everything to do with their understanding of the social media platforms, and their willingness to do whatever it took to make these tools work to their utmost potential. That’s what Crushing It! teaches readers to do.
In this lively, practical, and inspiring book, Gary dissects every current major social media platform so that anyone, from a plumber to a professional ice skater, will know exactly how to amplify his or her personal brand on each. He offers both theoretical and tactical advice on how to become the biggest thing on old standbys like Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest, and Snapchat; podcast platforms like Spotify, Soundcloud, iHeartRadio, and iTunes; and other emerging platforms such as Musical.ly. For those with more experience, Crushing It! illuminates some little-known nuances and provides innovative tips and clever tweaks proven to enhance more common tried-and-true strategies.
Crushing It! is a state-of-the-art guide to building your own path to professional and financial success, but it’s not about getting rich. It’s a blueprint to living life on your own terms.
When managers and marketers outline their social media strategies, they plan for the “right hook”—their next sale or campaign that’s going to knock out the competition. Even companies committed to jabbing—patiently engaging with customers to build the relationships crucial to successful social media campaigns—want to land the punch that will take down their opponent or their customer’s resistance in one blow. Right hooks convert traffic to sales and easily show results. Except when they don’t.
Thanks to massive change and proliferation in social media platforms, the winning combination of jabs and right hooks is different now. Vaynerchuk shows that while communication is still key, context matters more than ever. It’s not just about developing high-quality content, but developing high-quality content perfectly adapted to specific social media platforms and mobile devices—content tailor-made for Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, and Tumblr.
Gary Vaynerchuk—the inspiring and unconventional entrepreneur who introduced us to the concept of crush it—knows how to get things done, have fun, and be massively successful. A marketing and business genius, Gary had the foresight to go beyond traditional methods and use social media tools such as Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube to reach an untapped audience that continues to grow.
#AskGaryVee showcases the most useful and interesting questions Gary has addressed on his popular show. Distilling and expanding on the podcast’s most urgent and evergreen themes, Gary presents practical, timely, and timeless advice on marketing, social media, entrepreneurship, and everything else you’ve been afraid to ask but are dying to know. Gary gives you the insights and information you need on everything from effectively using Twitter to launching a small business, hiring superstars to creating a personal brand, launching products effectively to staying healthy—and even buying wine.
Whether you’re planning to start your own company, working in digital media, or have landed your first job in a traditional company, #AskGaryVee is your essential guide to making things happen in a big way.