Thomas C. Foster—the sage and scholar who ingeniously led readers through the fascinating symbolic codes of great literature in his first book, How to Read Literature Like a Professor—now examines the grammar of the popular novel. Exploring how authors' choices about structure—point of view, narrative voice, first page, chapter construction, character emblems, and narrative (dis)continuity—create meaning and a special literary language, How to Read Novels Like a Professor shares the keys to this language with readers who want to get more insight, more understanding, and more pleasure from their reading.
• First Impressions/Book Review
• Story Setting Analysis
• Story elements you may have missed, professionally deciphered by our writers
• Details of Characters & Key Character Analysis
• Chapter by Chapter breakdown summarizing the text!
• Discussion & Analysis of Themes, Symbols…
• And Much More!