Stephen Mansfield is a writer and speaker best known for his groundbreaking books on the role of religion in history, leadership, and modern culture. He first came to international attention with The Faith of George W. Bush, the New York Times bestseller that influenced Oliver Stone’s film, W. His book The Faith of Barack Obama was another international bestseller. He has written celebrated biographies of Booker T. Washington, George Whitefield, Winston Churchill, and Abraham Lincoln, among others. Stephen speaks around the world on topics of faith, leadership, and culture. He is also the founder of two firms: The Mansfield Group (MansfieldGroup.com) and Chartwell Literary Group (ChartwellLiterary.com). He lives in Nashville and in Washington, DC,with his wife, Beverly, who is an award-winning songwriter and producer.
This evenhanded account of the president’s spiritual life provides a closer look at the people and events that have influenced his belief system. Mansfield analyzes Obama’s friendship with the controversial Jeremiah Wright and also profiles the Christian leaders who have offered guidance and support during the president’s challenging term.
Mansfield takes you inside the religious life of Barack Obama, introducing you to the type of preaching the president hears at Camp David and even revealing details such as the content of the daily devotional readings the president receives on his cell phone. This fascinating study explains the faith elements within Obama’s politics, while acknowledging the questions about his beliefs that remain unanswered.
"You must read this perceptive and well written book. Then you will know why Barack Obama has such a passion for justice and equity, such a gift for filling people of different generations with a newfound hope that things can and will change for the better." ?ARCHBISHOP DESMOND TUTU
Everyone has an opinion about whether or not Donald Trump colluded with the Russians to defeat Hillary Clinton in 2016. The number of actors involved is staggering, the events are complicated, and it’s hard to know who or what to believe. Spygate bypasses opinion and brings facts together to expose the greatest political scandal in American history.
Former Secret Service agent and NYPD police officer Dan Bongino joins forces with journalist D.C. McAllister to clear away fake news and show you how Trump’s political opponents, both foreign and domestic, tried to sabotage his campaign and delegitimize his presidency. By following the names and connections of significant actors, the authors reveal:
• Why the Obama administration sent a spy connected to the Deep State into the Trump campaign
• How Russians were connected to the opposition research firm hired by the Clinton campaign to find dirt on Trump
• How the FBI failed to examine DNC computers after they were hacked, relying instead on the findings of a private company connected to the DNC and the Obama administraton
• Why British intelligence played a role in building the collusion narrative
• What role Ukrainians played in legitimizing the perception that Trump was conspiring with the Russians
• How foreign players in the two events that kickstarted the Trump-Russia collusion investigation were connected to the Clinton Foundation, and
• What motivated the major actors who sought to frame the Trump campaign and secure a win for Hillary Clinton