Excel 2007: The Missing Manual covers the entire gamut of how to build spreadsheets, add and format information, print reports, create charts and graphics, and use basic formulas and functions. Like its siblings in the Missing Manual series, this book crackles with a fine sense of humor and refreshing objectivity about its subject, guiding readers through the new Excel with clear explanations, step-by-step instructions, lots of illustrations, and friendly, time-saving advice. It's a perfect primer for small businesses with no techie to turn to, as well as those who want to organize household and office information.
Full Color: Figures and code appear as they do in Excel 2016
Beyond the Basics…Beneath the Surface...In Depth
Do more in less time!
Experienced with Excel? Don’t let Excel 2016 make you feel like a beginner again! This new full-color edition of the bestselling book has been completely overhauled. Gone is unnecessary and rarely used content; emphasis is on the most-used and new aspects of Excel 2016. The result is a focused book where every topic is relevant and worth learning. Excel 2016 In Depth is the fastest, smartest way to master Excel 2016’s full power and updated interface. You’ll discover how to leverage Excel’s new tools for charting, business analysis, data visualization, forecasting, and more.
• Quickly clean your data with Excel 2016’s powerful Get & Transform tools
• Discover Excel 2016’s newest charts: waterfall, histogram, Pareto, sunburst, TreeMap, and Box and Whisker
• Use Forecast Sheets to forecast the future, including seasonal adjustments
• Pivot data on maps with 3D Maps, and animate your maps over time
• Create formulas, charts, subtotals, and pivot tables faster than ever
• Create amazing PowerPivot data mashups that integrate information from anywhere
• Automate repetitive functions using Excel macros
• Solve real-world business intelligence analysis problems
• Use PowerPivot Data Model to create pivot tables from multiple data sets without VLOOKUP
• Share workbooks on the Web and social networks
• Leverage Excel to create highly interactive web pages and online surveys
• Quickly apply attractive, consistent formats
This book is part of Que’s Content Update Program. As Microsoft updates features of Excel, sections of this book will be updated or new sections will be added to match the updates to the software. See inside for details.
'Gritty coming-of-age story . . . plenty of anecdotes to keep us hooked, and his memories of Joy Division's Ian Curtis are poignant' Daily Mirror
Before he was responsible for some of the most iconic drumming in popular music, Stephen Morris grew up in 1960s and '70s industrial Macclesfield, on a quiet road that led seemingly to nowhere. Far removed from the bright lights and manic energy of nearby Manchester, he felt stifled by suburbia and feared he might never escape. Then he joined Joy Division - while they were still known as Warsaw - a pioneer of the rousing post-punk sound that would revolutionise twentieth-century rock.
Following two landmark albums and widespread critical acclaim, Joy Division were at the height of their powers and poised to break the US, when lead singer, Ian Curtis, committed suicide.
Part memoir, part scrapbook and part aural history: Stephen Morris's innate sense of rhythm and verve pulses through Record Play Pause. From recollections of growing up in the North West to the founding of New Order, Morris never strays far from the music. And by turns profound and wry, this book subverts the mythology and allows us to understand music's power to define who we are and what we become.
Use Excel® 2013 VBA and Macros to automate virtually any routine task, and save yourself hours, days, maybe
even weeks. Then, learn how to make Excel do things you thought were simply impossible! You’ll discover macro
techniques you won’t find anywhere else and learn how to create automated reports that are amazingly powerful
and useful. Bill Jelen and Tracy Syrstad show how to instantly visualize information, so you and your colleagues
can understand and act on it…how to capture data from anywhere, and use it anywhere…how to automate
Excel 2013’s most valuable new features. Mastering advanced Excel macros has never been easier. You’ll find
simple, step-by-step instructions, real-world examples and case studies, and 50 workbooks packed with bonus
examples, macros, and solutions–straight from MrExcel.
• Get started fast with Excel 2013 macro development
• Write macros that use Excel 2013 enhancements, including Timelines and the latest pivot table models
• Work efficiently with ranges, cells, and R1C1-style formulas
• Build super-fast applications with arrays
• Write Excel 2013 VBA code that works on older versions of Excel
• Create custom dialog boxes to collect information from your users
• Use error handling to make your macros more resilient
• Use web queries and new web service functions to integrate data from anywhere
• Master advanced techniques such as classes, collections, and custom functions
• Build sophisticated data mining and business analysis applications
• Read and write to both Access and SQL Server databases
• Control other Office programs–and even control Windows itself
• Start writing Excel Apps similar to those in the Excel App Store
About MrExcel Library: Every book in the MrExcel Library pinpoints a specific set of crucial Excel tasks
and presents focused skills and examples for performing them rapidly and effectively. Selected by Bill Jelen,
Microsoft Excel MVP and mastermind behind the leading Excel solutions website MrExcel.com, these books will
• Dramatically increase your productivity–saving you 50 hours a year or more
• Present proven, creative strategies for solving real-world problems
• Show you how to get great results, no matter how much data you have
• Help you avoid critical mistakes that even experienced users make