The DASH diet has been named by U.S. News & World Report year after year as its #1 choice in Best Diets Overall, Best Diets for Healthy Eating, and Best Diabetes Diets.
Based on research by the National Institutes of Health, and endorsed by top-tier medical institutions like the Mayo Clinic and the American Heart Association, the DASH diet is a scientifically proven method to lose weight, lower blood pressure, lower cholesterol levels, and a reduce your risk of diabetes.
In The DASH Diet Health Plan, best-selling health and nutrition author John Chatham compiles the findings of the medical and scientific community, alongside dozens of DASH diet recipes, to make it easy to put the DASH diet into action.
With The DASH Diet Health Plan you will get:
· 99 DASH diet recipes for every meal, including hearty breakfasts and satisfying dinners
· A guide to 147 Dash diet foods, ranging from meats and seafood to sweets
· Tips for navigating the grocery store and choosing the right DASH diet foods for you and your family
· 28-day DASH to Fitness workout plan, which provides step-by-step exercise routines to accelerate your weight loss and jump-start your health regimen
· 14-day Menu Planner to help you easily get started on the DASH diet
Sections new to the second edition cover the latest research from neuroscience, treatments for recovering sensation as well as recovery strategies for the young stroke survivor. Also included is a breakdown of the phases of recovery and how these phases can provide structure to efforts towards recovery.
Stronger After Stroke promotes:
Repetition of task-specific movementsProper scheduling of practiceChallenges at each stage of recoverySetting goals and recognizing when they have been achieved
The second edition is completely revised throughout incorporating feedback from readers and the latest research data. Peter has written a new chapter on "recovery core concepts" that defines the stages of recovery and explains how these stages can structure efforts toward recovery. There is also a new Question and Answer section culled from the talks Peter regularly gives on the subject.